Need help modding.

#1 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6375 posts) -

I have scavenged the internet looking for a way to install mods onto the PC version of this game and it has all ended in horrible, horrible failure. I have been trying to install this mod but I have no idea which program I should use to open the download and how exactly to install it in the .exe or .vpn files of Saints Row: The Third (my times looking for a way to do this have lead me to those two places to install the mod, but it's never been entirely clear which one is correct). Also, sr3nexus.com is down for whatever reason which doesn't help at all.

If anybody with modding experience in this game could help, I'd greatly appreciate it!

#2 Edited by SexyToad (2739 posts) -

According to the comments you're supposed to drag the files to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\saints row the third\ (64bit Windows) C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\saints row the third\ (32bit Windows)

Have you tried that?

#3 Edited by Godlyawesomeguy (6375 posts) -

@SexyToad:

I attempted to do so, but it never has changed anything. In fact, I've noticed it makes the graphics freak out a bit (black and pink static-y stuff pops up everywhere, but that's not a hard fix and takes mere seconds to reverse). I think it's because I have not opened the download correctly (I used a program called "Free opener" but I don't think it opens ZIP files which is indicative as to why it doesn't work correctly) but I am not sure what program to use to open it nor do I know where exactly to put it in the specific program file you mentioned, if that even matters.

#4 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1784 posts) -
@Godlyawesomeguy use win zip or win rar to open it

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.