New Screenshots via Gameinformer

#1 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

Several new screenshots have been posted by Gameinformer recently. There are more  at their website, but here are a few that I found interesting: 

Game looks appropriately silly and crazy. I also like the fact that its look is distinctive; not trying to attempt to match GTA IV's style or something like that.
#2 Posted by Deranged (1859 posts) -

Saints Row never tried to compete with GTA in anyway except for the free-roam part. This game looks awesome, freedom to do anything, full character customization, and hopefully some crazy multiplayer.

#3 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -

Girl in purple cowboy hat and bikini dodging bullets and explosions. Yup, that's Saints Row alright.  

Say what you will about the theme but SR2 actually had surprisingly strong voice acting, hope they bring that back in SR3. 

#4 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

Cockney accent option is all I need to be sold on this game, double if there's a female Cockney accent.

#5 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

Wait...censor pixels....does that mean you can run around naked for real? 

#6 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

do those island look small?

#7 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -
@mcderby4 said:
" and hopefully some crazy multiplayer. "
Well, co-op specifically in this case since it's been confirmed multiplayer won't be part of the game, much to my dismay.
#8 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:

" Wait...censor pixels....does that mean you can run around naked for real?  "

There were streakers in the 2nd game, and they may have been also there for the first. Not sure if you could run around naked in SR2, but its inclusion in The Third definitely wouldn't surprise me. 

@Dany said: 

" do those island look small? "

It's really hard to tell from that screenshot but, for all we know, there could be much more than that to explore.    
#9 Posted by mutha3 (4986 posts) -

Yup, that sure is Saints Row!

#10 Edited by JTMosh (260 posts) -

I don't think I could physically want this game any more than I already do. I need this to come out soon.

#11 Posted by Generiko (445 posts) -

Yes, tanks : D

#12 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

Purple Dildo Sword!!!!

#13 Posted by Chaser324 (6745 posts) -

Looks insane, just like Saints Row should.

#14 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Megadildosword.  Blackdude'scock.  Looks like a good time!

#15 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I heart dildo swords.
#16 Posted by Bwast (1342 posts) -

Hopefully the PC port isn't a sack of shit this time.

#17 Posted by Pezen (1678 posts) -

@mcderby4 : As much as I love the games, there is no denying it was originally a clone. Trying to cash in on an already successful idea. I mean, they implemented everything that, at the time, was uniqe to GTA. The UI, the radio stations, the 'parody humor' and so on. The second game on the other hand felt a lot more original due to being probably more self-aware. And now it seems as they've truly come into their own.

#18 Posted by XenoNick (1483 posts) -

A big purple dildo sword??? Ok then.

#19 Edited by Vextroid (1430 posts) -

@FluxWave
You coul'd get completly naked and streak in no. 2 

@ Bwast  
Volition have said they are doing the porting job themselves this time. Should be better then what CD Projekt did.

#20 Posted by GoofyGoober (933 posts) -

I am sold.

#21 Edited by Portis (1283 posts) -

A few of those shots look a little too good. 

I didn't even like Saints Row 2, but I'll be buying this for sure. I chalk my annoyances with Saints Row 2 up to just being fatigued on open-world sandbox games, but I've ignored most of them for quite awhile now so I'm ready to jump back in.

#22 Posted by GunstarRed (5480 posts) -

Everything about these images is what I want from that game.
#23 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4897 posts) -

Yep, that's The Row. 

Yep, that's Stilwater. 

Yep, I fucking want this game.

#24 Posted by Soap (3645 posts) -

I'm in!

#25 Posted by SamFo (1562 posts) -

that map looks very similair to gta iv at first glance

#26 Posted by ThePilgrums (433 posts) -

Do you see what I see? TANKS! IN AN OPEN WORLD CRIME GAME!!!! How long has it been ? San Adreas? Vice City? TOO GODDAMN LONG??? 

Looks a bit smaller than gta4, but we'll see how much activity there is. And the art style looks great. You can make cute ladies this time. Or.... black guys with 8 inch cocks. EVERYONE WINS.

#27 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

It would have a big penis!

#28 Posted by FesteringNeon (2166 posts) -

Think they'll work on animations / physics a bit more? 

#29 Posted by Druminator (1687 posts) -

Ok this looks pretty silly... which is good.

#30 Posted by IkariNoTekken (987 posts) -

Great screenshots, I just hope with all that mayhem on-screen that the frame rate remains playable. 
Anyone remember the missions on the boats in SR2?

#31 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3504 posts) -
@KingWilly
Yep, that's The Row. 

Yep, that's Stilwater. 

Yep, I fucking want this game.
Actually this game is set in a new city, not Stilwater.
#32 Posted by Deranged (1859 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: Bullocks
#33 Edited by Rohok (554 posts) -

There is no doubt in my mind that this game will be the best open world GTA style game ever created. While GTA4 was boring as shit, and Mafia 2 had us driving around for hours, and Red Dead Redemption had us doing farm chores... Saints Row 3 will have us doing all those, naked, with a hotdog suit, in a sewage truck firing shit out the hoses to cause property damage. The best coop games ever created, bar none.

#34 Posted by FalconCritical (224 posts) -
@Rohok said:
" There is no doubt in my mind that this game will be the best open world GTA style game ever created. While GTA4 was boring as shit, and Mafia 2 had us driving around for hours, and Red Dead Redemption had us doing farm chores... Saints Row 3 will have us doing all those, naked, with a hotdog suit, in a sewage truck firing shit out the hoses to cause property damage. The best coop games ever created, bar none. "
Saints Row 2 was already better than any of those for open world goodness. Can't wait for The Third!
#35 Posted by EODTech (83 posts) -

Pixelated genitals?  Damn, I was hoping they'd go full nudity on this one.  Who else is tired of this crap?  13 year old kids can go to movies that show full nudity, but at 30 years old with a full time job I still can't buy games that have it.

#36 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -
@EODTech said:

" Pixelated genitals?  Damn, I was hoping they'd go full nudity on this one.  Who else is tired of this crap?  13 year old kids can go to movies that show full nudity, but at 30 years old with a full time job I still can't buy games that have it. "

I think pixelation makes it funnier than if it were uncensored. And there are several games that have full nudity.
#37 Posted by EODTech (83 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @EODTech said:

" Pixelated genitals?  Damn, I was hoping they'd go full nudity on this one.  Who else is tired of this crap?  13 year old kids can go to movies that show full nudity, but at 30 years old with a full time job I still can't buy games that have it. "

I think pixelation makes it funnier than if it were uncensored. And there are several games that have full nudity. "
But what if I want my character's dong pierced?  Or get flames tattooed on it?  It's just odd to me with everything ELSE that is definitely R-rated in these sandbox games, they're being prudish about this one area.
#38 Posted by owenneil (124 posts) -
@bukkookkub:

I hope so! The animations are awful in these games. Also hope they worked on the driving, its so bad. I love Saints Row don't get me wrong.
#39 Edited by yoshimitz707 (2453 posts) -
@EODTech said:

" @FluxWaveZ said:

" @EODTech said:

I think pixelation makes it funnier than if it were uncensored. And there are several games that have full nudity. "
But what if I want my character's dong pierced?  Or get flames tattooed on it?  It's just odd to me with everything ELSE that is definitely R-rated in these sandbox games, they're being prudish about this one area. "
They're probably just trying to avoid an AO rating.
#40 Edited by Yummylee (22579 posts) -

Everything new that they reveal just makes me heart this game all the more. Especially the graphics and the character models since that was one irk I found tough to shrug in Saints Row 2; really was tough for me to create a character that I liked, and to me I thought the original Saints Row had better graphics. It even had tie physics (SR2 didn't, and most clothing looked like it was painted on), which is pretty rudimentary, I know, but was still surprising when I headed into the first, in 2006, after so much playtime of the second.

#41 Posted by ShockD (2421 posts) -

First screen looks epic.

I recalled GTA IV from the map however. I hope they're not trying to copy it, because this ain't gonna end well.

#42 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5818 posts) -

I hope I get to enhance my character's dick size

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.