Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row: The Third

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

After turning their infamy into worldwide fame, the Third Street Saints now find themselves at war with a powerful criminal organization called The Syndicate. Strap it on.

pedal to the metal

lusence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lusence

anyone notice the driving mechanic as being a pos? its like the only way your char can drive is if he punches it and keeps it floored the whole fucking time he accelerates. no finease, no middle gears... But then i guess they kinda evened it out with cool pulls out graphics when your making tight corners and the feel at high speeds is great. i guess they should of made a creamy middle just a kinda 'roll' gear but aparenty they nixed races anyways so, opinions? im just rambling as i play the game i gues..

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By napalm
    I agree a little bit with you. It's a lot more "slidey" and far more unwieldy. I don't think it's to the games benefit, but they also countered that by when you crash into other cars, you either roll under them or smack them out of the way completely. I'm just happy that they didn't include any "chase this guy" scenarios involving cars, as I probably would have lost it at some point.
    Avatar image for bobby_the_great
    Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Bobby_The_Great

Get the Vortex or Temptress and you'll have no problems. At least I didn't.

Djratchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Djratchet

I love the driving controls. Beats the shit out of any of the driving controls in GTA, which feels all...... syrupy.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Ravenlight

In the insane sandbox that is SR#3, why would you want to drive anywhere at less than full speed? If you're looking for realistic ANYTHING, I think you might have picked up the wrong game.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By ShaggE

I get the feeling that the driving was fine-tuned to make insane shit happen as often as possible.

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By adoggz

@Ravenlight said:

In the insane sandbox that is SR#3, why would you want to drive anywhere at less than full speed? If you're looking for realistic ANYTHING, I think you might have picked up the wrong game.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By Yummylee

I thought the driving was really fun and breezy. A vast improvement over SR2's driving at the very least. Also FFS, what's with all the SR3 hate threads you keep creating?

lusence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lusence

fuck if i care. thats how i drive anyways in these games, pedal to the metal baby... just say'n. I just got the Vortex pimped out, had the worst luck with getting that thing to my garage its so, soft and on hardcore the stag just stay with you the whole time. I think the Vortex is the rarest/fastest find so far, as far as normal traffic goes.

lusence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lusence

Actually now having gone back and played GTA IV the driving feels like its in slow mo compared to SR 3...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.