Quick show of hands, Who's playing a female?

• 84 results
#1 Edited by SmasheControllers (2548 posts) -

I am and I just wanted to know how much of the GB community is also playing a lady?

#2 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

I am

#3 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

When I get this game I will be. I want to live out my slutty gangster fantasies.

#4 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

All I want to know is if there is a "badonkadonk" slider in the character creation. That's kind of a deal breaker...

#5 Posted by SmasheControllers (2548 posts) -

@OllyOxenFree: No there isn't.

I set my sex appeal to only 38. No big breast for me.

#6 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

I will be when I get it. I kind of hate myself for it, but I tend to choose female characters.

#7 Posted by Dagbiker (6974 posts) -

I am, I like the "normal" female voice I like a sarcastic woman more then enthusastic men

#8 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@nintendoeats said:

I will be when I get it. I kind of hate myself for it, but I tend to choose female characters.

hey you know what dave says
#9 Posted by NeoKef (73 posts) -

Changed for the gender achievement, but I think I may keep her for the rest of the game.

#10 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

@kingzetta said:

@nintendoeats said:

Not in this particular instance...

#11 Posted by Dezztroy (789 posts) -

Playing female here. Laura Bailey does some great voice work.

#12 Posted by hbkdx12 (779 posts) -

played female for the first 19 hrs of chaos. Had voice #3

Did an assassination mission where i had to get plastic surgery and changed to voice 2 for a while

Then just switched over to a male with voice 2 for the trophy and (probably) the rest of the game.

#13 Posted by RE_Player1 (7558 posts) -

@nintendoeats said:

@kingzetta said:

@nintendoeats said:

If your going to be looking at the behind of a character it might as well be a nice looking behind.

#14 Edited by Vorbis (2750 posts) -

Yes, because Laura Baileys voice acting is amazing.

#15 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

@msavo said:

@nintendoeats said:

@kingzetta said:

@nintendoeats said:

If your going to be looking at the behind of a character it might as well be a nice looking behind.

As much as I see the logic, I generally don't consider myself to be that type of person.

#16 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@nintendoeats said:

@msavo said:

@nintendoeats said:

@kingzetta said:

@nintendoeats said:

As much as I see the logic, I generally don't consider myself to be that type of person.

but you are on the inside
#17 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

@kingzetta said:

@nintendoeats said:

@msavo said:

@nintendoeats said:

@kingzetta said:

@nintendoeats said:

Excuse my while I exorcize my personal demons.

#18 Edited by Fobwashed (1990 posts) -

Given the choice, I always play as a male my first playthrough in these games. I'm a chick in this one though.

Because. Just Because
#19 Posted by RoyCampbell (1096 posts) -

I'm just the default dude. Entrenched in character creators for hours on end is no longer a thing with me.

#20 Posted by yyZiggurat (1015 posts) -

Playing as a non-slutty female.

@Dezztroy said:

Playing female here. Laura Bailey does some great voice work.

I thought it was Jennifer Hale before I watched the credits. Guess I have another favorite voice actress.

#21 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4424 posts) -

Me \o/ The jiggle physics are the shit.

#22 Edited by Dezztroy (789 posts) -

@HomemadeZiggurat said:

Playing as a non-slutty female.

:hi5:

#23 Edited by shivermetimbers (768 posts) -

I am playing a female. She's a an obese Asian smurf with pink ponytails and a pink evil mustache. Oh she has the male cockney accent too.

#24 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Like, duh.

#25 Posted by IkariNoTekken (990 posts) -

Male this time round.

I'll probably go through again a second time as a female, then again I am interested in hearing all the voices including the Zombie.

So what, 7 times through? No problem.

#26 Posted by MrMcJerk (44 posts) -

Every time I fire up the game I change who I am. Started as a hipster girl, switched to a fat guy, then uptown chic, then zombieman..

#27 Posted by ZagZagovich (759 posts) -

Played the whole game with female voice 1. She is a great voice actress.

#28 Posted by kidman (466 posts) -

Started as a male but switched to female to get an achievement but I stayed a lady after that cause it's way nice that way!

#29 Posted by upwarDBound (654 posts) -

I never play as a female in these games for very long. It's too... distracting.

#30 Posted by Hailinel (24431 posts) -

Also playing a girl. Gotta love a game that's all for equal opportunity mayhem and insanity.

#31 Posted by Christoffer (1802 posts) -

I haven't bought this game yet, cause of lack of time. But for the record. I will be playing as female. I don't like looking at men's asses for 60 hours (not that it's something wrong with that. Just saying).

#32 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

Started as a dude. Switched to a lady for the cheevo.

#33 Posted by Schmollian (261 posts) -

LOL at all the yes answers.

(also, yes)

#34 Posted by TobbRobb (4610 posts) -

I feel so detached from the main characters personality, that I just took it all the way.

Female it is.

#35 Posted by Yummylee (21559 posts) -

My main's a grizzled cockney chap (Robin Atkin Downes, bitchezzzzz... who my character actually resembles just a little if Robin was maybe 10-15 years older) who I switch between looking like a P.I and Victor Sullivan... but I created a female, too, because I couldn't help myself and needed to get back into the fantastic character creator. Now I've got an alternative Russian chick with a silver pompadour hair-cut wearing a white suit <3 I plan to go through with every voice, but the Russian Chick may still stick as my favourite from what I've heard come out of her thus far.

#36 Posted by Tuggah (1072 posts) -

not yet...

#37 Posted by Meteor_VII (125 posts) -

Played through the entire game female (now have to change to male at some point for the achievement)

#38 Posted by Redbullet685 (6036 posts) -
#39 Edited by Vortextk (419 posts) -
@Redbullet685 said:

My hands are busy at the moment since I did make a female character.

Tell me about it.
#40 Posted by plaintomato (599 posts) -

@nintendoeats said:

@kingzetta said:

@nintendoeats said:

@msavo said:

@nintendoeats said:

@kingzetta said:

@nintendoeats said:

Excuse my while I exorcize my personal demons.

Ah...your the kind of person that plays Saints Row, but you're not the kind of person that would endeavor to cast your gaze upon a tight digital behind. I understand now.

Wrong game dude, playing SR3 is not how you exercise your demons...unless you're intent on overfeeding them or something... asphyxiate those demon's on their own gluttony baby!

#41 Posted by mm665 (407 posts) -

Yes.

#42 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

I dunno if I will.. I can't live without my schlong.

#43 Posted by Vortextk (419 posts) -
@AhmadMetallic said:
I dunno if I will.. I can't live without my schlong.
Don't worry, you still have that bat, which puts us all to shame anyway.
#44 Posted by Atom (199 posts) -

Started as a female, then switched to a duder after a couple of hours. Not really liking any of the male voices (is that Nolan North?), so I'll probably go back to the girl.

#45 Posted by Vortextk (419 posts) -

Unless nolan is doing one of the accents, of which he can be pretty chameleon like if not doing his regular-ish voice, no. Voice 1 is extremely popular though his name isn't out there as much. He's doing bioshock infinite I think, did vincent in catherine, kanji maybe in p4? He has a lot more voice work under his belt though him and nolan share that common leading man/charismatic voice I think.

#46 Posted by PixelPrinny (1030 posts) -

@Vortextk said:

Unless nolan is doing one of the accents, of which he can be pretty chameleon like if not doing his regular-ish voice, no. Voice 1 is extremely popular though his name isn't out there as much. He's doing bioshock infinite I think, did vincent in catherine, kanji maybe in p4? He has a lot more voice work under his belt though him and nolan share that common leading man/charismatic voice I think.

Troy Baker's his name, and, as you said, he's done a ton of work. To add to your list he did Snow in FFXIII, Yuri in Tales of Vesperia, and Valvatorez in Disgaea 4. He's prolly one of my fave English VOs and he did a great job in SR3; I can't wait to hear him as Booker in Bioshock Infinite :D

Anyways, I'm playing SR3 as the female protagonist and I've enjoyed Laura Bailey's voice acting for it. Honestly, it's probably her best to date; it sounds really natural and feels like she had a lot of fun recording it.

#47 Posted by Atom (199 posts) -

@Vortextk said:

so Voice 1 is Vincent?? OMFG thank you, dude! It was driving me insane last night lol

I knew I had heard that actor recently (makes sense now, I played Catherine a month or two ago), but couldn't quite place it

#48 Posted by Vortextk (419 posts) -
@PixelPrinny: Yup, too lazy to look him up. Did you hear Laura in Nier? The game is....well, fucking amazing to me, or terrible or mediocre to plenty of others. On a reviewer's 1-5 or 10 scale it really shouldn't ever get a perfect, but from my personal bias it just has this absolutely amazing mood with it's story, characters, MUSIC that it made up for the fetchy quest nature, simple gameplay and dated graphics. I can see how for some that's just not enough. I was a tiny bit disappointed in her voice for catherine, personally, because after hearing her as Kaine in Nier I wanted an older sounding vixen; but that's my own problem as that's not who catherine is. Or well, I haven't beat it, so..that's not who she appears to be atleast.

Similar levels of fun for nier I think, though more serious at points, her character is sarcastic and foul mouthed. It's great. I first heard and recognized her from Yu Yu Hakusho for years and I liked her there too. She seems incredibly natural at delivering lines and as I've seen, has range. It's almost too bad there seems to be such a small pool of actors like troy and laura as people complain about hearing some too much; which is valid, but I rather recognize the voice and have them be great then a kinda shitty unknown...we already went through that phase with gaming, heh.

Er, long OT post.
#49 Posted by Castiel (2580 posts) -

Doesn't people know how to make polls anymore?

#50 Edited by Aas (603 posts) -

I haven't picked up SR3 yet, but playing as a female in SR2 was great. That protagonist was so brutal and seeing a woman do those completely savage things was bad ass.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.