Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row: The Third

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

After turning their infamy into worldwide fame, the Third Street Saints now find themselves at war with a powerful criminal organization called The Syndicate. Strap it on.

S-ranking Saints Row

Fait622

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Fait622

So, I had a lot of fun playing this game. So much so that I want to keep playing it and go for my full 1000 points. Problem is that I have a bunch of little stuff to do that is very difficult after you have cleared out the city, so if anyone is looking for a co-op partner to help with anything I am right here and I would love to lend a hand and in the process I can grind out a couple of cheevos, that's a win win in my book.

gamertag is the same as my user name, don't be a stranger

Jeldh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Jeldh
    Avatar image for deactivated-59123fe38ab28
    deactivated-59123fe38ab28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I've been trying to, but I think the game messed up and didn't give me my due, such as when I maxed out the Safeword stronghold and maxed out all my weapons (discounting my grenades), and when I got twenty five kills using the fart in a jar and Penetrator together. It is really bumming me out.

Koobasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Koobasta

Anyone else having difficulty with the Love/Hate Relationship achievement? There are the challenges, which I have completed (Taunt 50 gang members). I thought that would have unlocked it. I went ahead and complimented gang members, I have about 300 compliments at this point and achievement still hasn't popped. It's the only one I am having trouble with, and I'd rather not move forward and complete all take overs until I get this, since it will be harder later on.

Rekt_Hed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Rekt_Hed
    @Koobasta

Anyone else having difficulty with the Love/Hate Relationship achievement? There are the challenges, which I have completed (Taunt 50 gang members). I thought that would have unlocked it. I went ahead and complimented gang members, I have about 300 compliments at this point and achievement still hasn't popped. It's the only one I am having trouble with, and I'd rather not move forward and complete all take overs until I get this, since it will be harder later on.

Your problem is that didn't read the achievement properly. You have to taunt NOT compliment. Also this has to be on gang members that AREN'T saints.....also :p you can't be in combat the gang member has to be at ease or just walking down the street.

I managed to do this even after I took over all the areas because I had a vehicle challenge where I had to steal a gang vehicle and just drove it to a shop i owned to lose all the stars. Go outside and then taunt one of the gang. ( some times its a good idea to blow up their car otherwise they might get back in and drive off)

Just keep repeating that. It does take a couple of hours though so you might wanna have a tv program on your phone or something to watch while you do this. Challenge. Beavis and Butt-Head went really well for me :)
    Kandycane2029

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kandycane2029

@Fait622 said:

So, I had a lot of fun playing this game. So much so that I want to keep playing it and go for my full 1000 points. Problem is that I have a bunch of little stuff to do that is very difficult after you have cleared out the city, so if anyone is looking for a co-op partner to help with anything I am right here and I would love to lend a hand and in the process I can grind out a couple of cheevos, that's a win win in my book.

gamertag is the same as my user name, don't be a stranger

I have 1000/1000. If anyone playing on 360 needs a co-op partner to rush them or help with a mission/activity/Saints Book diversion, feel free to send me a game invite (GT: MVPxKandycane).

Koobasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Koobasta

@Rekt_Hed: Thanks for the tips. Actually, I actually did taunt 50 gang members, I was able to complete the challenge. I thought the same, so I did a couple of hours of the method you described, got up to about 150 taunts on opposing gang members. Finally got tired of it and just completed the rest of the activities and city take over.

I did however delete all my profile and save data and started from scratch (after backing up of course). The instant that I got to Saints HQ, i started walking around and complimenting Saints members in the crib. Guess what, the Love/Hate Relationship progress bar was showing up every 10 compliments. It got as far as 40/50, and then it never appeared again so no achievements. Got to about 150 compliments before I gave up. If those didn't count towards the achievements, not sure why it would show the progress. In short, I think you're wrong. I think this achievement is bugged for some people for god knows what reason. I might try it again in co-op. Ultimately, too much hassle for an achievement, not worth killing the fun of the game. Side note: I loved this game, just wished the campaign stuff with the dialogues were longer, some funny stuff they have :)

Also didn't mention, this was for the Steam (PC) version. Perhaps not an issue for consoles.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Rafaelfc

I had the S rank for Saints Row, but the DLC achievements got it away from me... can't wait for DLC...

seanord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#9  Edited By seanord

I think i blew it by turning off rag doll and vehicle damage at level 50 PRIOR to completing the Insurance Fraud levels. Now I take no damage in traffic. Anyone find a workaround (on the 360)?

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

@Koobasta said:

@Rekt_Hed: Thanks for the tips. Actually, I actually did taunt 50 gang members, I was able to complete the challenge. I thought the same, so I did a couple of hours of the method you described, got up to about 150 taunts on opposing gang members. Finally got tired of it and just completed the rest of the activities and city take over.

I did however delete all my profile and save data and started from scratch (after backing up of course). The instant that I got to Saints HQ, i started walking around and complimenting Saints members in the crib. Guess what, the Love/Hate Relationship progress bar was showing up every 10 compliments. It got as far as 40/50, and then it never appeared again so no achievements. Got to about 150 compliments before I gave up. If those didn't count towards the achievements, not sure why it would show the progress. In short, I think you're wrong. I think this achievement is bugged for some people for god knows what reason. I might try it again in co-op. Ultimately, too much hassle for an achievement, not worth killing the fun of the game. Side note: I loved this game, just wished the campaign stuff with the dialogues were longer, some funny stuff they have :)

Also didn't mention, this was for the Steam (PC) version. Perhaps not an issue for consoles.

I think it has something to do with how the gang member reacts to you before you compliment/taunt them. I started to notice that I would get the credit for complimenting them no matter what, but I would only get the Love/Hate credit if the gang member flipped me off or something like that, before I complimented them.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#11  Edited By Yummylee

I wanted to get the Platinum, but all of the saints book stuff is so fucking tedious and dull. Plus some of the vehicle theft BS is outright broken, at that.

Koobasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Koobasta

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@Koobasta said:

I think it has something to do with how the gang member reacts to you before you compliment/taunt them. I started to notice that I would get the credit for complimenting them no matter what, but I would only get the Love/Hate credit if the gang member flipped me off or something like that, before I complimented them.

That might be the case, I know that when I complimented them they wouldn't react, but I'd still see the progress bar move (just stops at 40/50). This achievement has pretty much reached it's limit as far as the amount of time I'm willing to dedicate, hopefully there's an official response on the Saints Row forums where I posted on a thread for this issue

@Abyssfull said:

I wanted to get the Platinum, but all of the saints book stuff is so fucking tedious and dull. Plus some of the vehicle theft BS is outright broken, at that.

I found that I was always to finish most of the Saints book challenges just playing through the game. I think once I had 100% complete takeover I only had the car surfing, torpedo and vehicle thefts. I know what you mean with the vehicles, there were certain ones where you would get the message "Vehicle has been destroyed", that was really annoying. I remember two specific instances, and here's what seemed to work:

1) Torch - The only vehicles that popped in the map is surrounded by three Deckers. You always see two Torches, you want to pick the right one when you are facing both of them. I found the left one always ended up "destroyed", even while I was driving the darn thing

2) Tornado - This is the armed helicopter that sits on the helipad in the restricted area. I found that if I parachuted from a flying vehicle, the vehicle would get destroyed. I finally rode my Specter on the helipad, landed right next to the chopper, and was able to steal it fine.

Not sure if you had those issues, worth a shot if those are the ones you're having issues with

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
    Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lemmycaution217

I managed to finish up all the Saints Book stuff yesterday. It was pretty tedious and I had to cheese the remaining few challenges I was having trouble with but I am happy I S-ranked it (minus all the DLC achievements of course).

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By Hizang

Or hey...

http://www.giantbomb.com/saints-row-the-third/61-25725/official-gb-saints-row-the-third-community-thread/35-525611/#3

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.