Saints Row: The Thrid $20 - Steamworks

#1 Posted by Dread612 (167 posts) -

Saints Row: The Third is $19.99 at GMG. It activates on STEAM. I've confirmed it. Steam has it for $33.49 today. Get it cheaper for exactly the same thing.

When you buy it from GMG, on their site they will give you the key and email it to you. Just copy and paste that key in to "Activate a product on Steam" in Steam and your done. You can d/l it from Steam, runs in Steam, is as if you bought it from Steam.

Will show up as $40 in checkout cart. Put in the following voucher code to get it to $19.99. US confirmed, probably Europe, pretty sure that's were they are located.

Voucher code FIFTY-SAINT-XMASS - Voucher expires: 1000 GMT 26th December 2011

http://www.greenmangaming.com/games/action/saints-row-the-third/

#2 Posted by PacifistDalek (11 posts) -

Thanks very much for posting this, I was contemplating buying it on Steam, but for $20, I'm definitely getting it!

#3 Posted by Adamsons (877 posts) -
#4 Posted by VoshiNova (1732 posts) -

You are

fucking awesome. Literally have been staring at the Steam cost and arguing with myself, problem solved.

Happy Holidays!

#5 Edited by Optix12 (622 posts) -

adamsons, you are a hero to me, does the thq website go through steam or do they have their own small scale version of origin or something?

EDIT: after looking it seems you literally just download the game (and i assume they keep a record of the season pass dlc tied to that account?) and you can get a 2 year re-download system they automatically add on to the order for £3.80.

#6 Posted by Morien (161 posts) -

Thanks for posting this! Finally caved in and bought it, now to install and begin the INSANITY.

#7 Posted by BisonHero (6767 posts) -

@Adamsons: Any word on whether that UK deal works from other countries? I think I read in some other thread that you might be able to pull it off if you use PayPal, since if you use a credit card, your billing address would probably have to be in the UK.

#8 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

The fun part about this is that the $20 ends up being cheaper for me than the 15£.

#9 Posted by PacifistDalek (11 posts) -

@Optix12 said:

adamsons, you are a hero to me, does the thq website go through steam or do they have their own small scale version of origin or something?

EDIT: after looking it seems you literally just download the game (and i assume they keep a record of the season pass dlc tied to that account?) and you can get a 2 year re-download system they automatically add on to the order for £3.80.

They also just give you a set of retail codes that you can enter into steam like you had bought a box copy of the game. If you use Steam, go that route, and then you can forgo the £3.80 charge for re-downloads, because it'll be linked to your steam account.

@Azteck said:

The fun part about this is that the $20 ends up being cheaper for me than the 15£.

The THQ route gets you the pre-order bonus and a DLC season pass, GMG doesn't. The THQ route also appears to work outside of the UK/Europe...or at least it did for me.

#10 Edited by Adamsons (877 posts) -
@Optix12 said:

As said above, you get a set of keys and can just hammer them into steam to redeem the games.

IIRC probably worth noting, the DLC season pass it comes with is just the next 5 DLC's as opposed to % off deals or whatever it is elsewhere.

GMG also have a saints row deal on for the UK that ends up at around £13.xx, just depends if you feel the DLC is worth the extra.

@BisonHero It wouldn't surprise me if it worked, but I really have no idea, sorry duder.
#11 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

You're practically losing money by not buying this!

#12 Posted by Bubba (14 posts) -

Thank you soo much. The voucher worked for me in Canada. Was tempted to buy it on steam earlier today.

#13 Posted by Vitor (2827 posts) -

@Adamsons said:

@Optix12 said:

As said above, you get a set of keys and can just hammer them into steam to redeem the games. IIRC probably worth noting, the DLC season pass it comes with is just the next 5 DLC's as opposed to % off deals or whatever it is elsewhere. GMG also have a saints row deal on for the UK that ends up at around £13.xx, just depends if you feel the DLC is worth the extra. @BisonHero It wouldn't surprise me if it worked, but I really have no idea, sorry duder.

Yeah, you get Steam Codes once you've paid. Which is pretty awesome I must say. And for only £1.50 more, I don't see why you would pass up on all the preorder stuff and every piece of DLC they end up releasing for no extra cost (which, according to Volition, is going to be a lot).

I just hope that they've patched the performance issues I experienced when I played a 'demo' of the game via official patches (I have a reasonably powerful laptop but that doesn't always guarantee decent performance - if there's no official demo, I will download a torrent to check performance and then purchase the game, as I just did). Had some issues when out in the open world. Hoping it's running a little better now.

#14 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Sweet! Got the pack from THQ for ~$25 USD. Thanks!

#15 Posted by bvilleneuve (265 posts) -

I can add another confirmation that the THQ UK store deal will work in the U.S. I used Paypal, I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Saints Row: The Third is a Steamworks game on the PC, so it activates on Steam and all the DLC is handled through there.

I've played it for about five hours so far, and if anybody's on the fence about this insane deal, I would recommend it if you liked San Andreas.

#16 Posted by MrCaptain (367 posts) -

The THQ one didn't work in Sweden, But the GMG did and i bought it! Thanks for the tip

#17 Posted by Helios1337 (326 posts) -

I just watched the GOTY and wanted to give Saints Row the Third a try but it looks like I just missed the GMG sale. NOOOOOO.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.