Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row: The Third

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

After turning their infamy into worldwide fame, the Third Street Saints now find themselves at war with a powerful criminal organization called The Syndicate. Strap it on.

Saints Row videos

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By vortextk

I plan on making more, but I don't know of what. The first I found funny(and yeah, probably stupid) when it happened. The second I thought of after having "pimped out" that specific ride. Anyone else on GB making some? A very low key hobby after watching so much content on giantbomb. Just looked fun to record games, though I don't do commentary or looking to ape the quicklook or anything like that. Drivers killing performance at the moment, hopefully that's fixed soon; might be a little frame droppy.

SketchPanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SketchPanic

@Vortextk: I started making playthrough videos with commentary lately, after I finally got my HD PVR. While recording I realized how awesome the Shark-o-Matic was, and thus a funny internet video was born. This was also featured over on my Shark Attack Forum, but it's just an example of how I personally handle these kind of things. I would prefer not to add commentary, but apparently the Tube of Yous frowns upon not having it if you have recorded gameplay. My friends and I who run the page would like to be YouTube partners one day... so that would be bad. D:

VikingCommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By VikingCommando

I've been messing around with the video recorder on the pc and have been, for the most part, recording the glitches and shit that have been occuring.

like when i got attacked by what must have been a ghost

Or when one of my tires decided to sink into the ground.

Or when my car decided it wanted to pull off some mad flip tricks.

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By vortextk
    @SketchPanic: Frowned on? What, like random viewers watching want commentary? I don't care about number of hits, not really as long as it's not like 12 lol, and it's just a stylistic choice. I don't have anything interesting to say and everything seems less funny with just 1 guy talking...I go for mood in a lot of mine so I always think talking over would ruin it. I can see why people do talk as being popular might come easier and better but I guess that's not my ultimate goal. Making the video is the most fun part but if no one ever saw it but me I probably wouldn't bother. Shooting jaws out to snatch people is a pretty cool weapon though.

@VikingCommando: How do you find the recorder? I guess it's dx10/11 mode only as I wanted to make hudless screenshots but never found the option until I used that executable. I haven't actually used the recorder because I imagine it'll be worse than what I use and my fps is already a problem at the moment =/ Drivers drivers drivers..
    VikingCommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By VikingCommando

Yeah, the video recorder is Dx10/11 mode only. i've found that it tends to be a pretty big hit on my fps and the fact that the radio doesn't work with it on for licensing reasons is another reason i'm not fond of it. The last clip there was done with fraps.

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By vortextk

I use dxtory. Yeah the radio thing sucks, though I've run into the problem both times now with my youtube videos lol, so I see why they do it.

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By vortextk

This one took literally all damn day, I had to learn a bunch of new stuff(which is fun), and the frame drops are annoying but nothing I can really do save wait for drivers or buy a new pc.

SketchPanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SketchPanic

@Vortextk: I'm not talking about just views. In the terms and conditions involving copyright, YouTube claims that it is copyright infringement to just post up gameplay videos, even if you are the one playing and doing all of the recording. I don't agree with it and would rather post up just gameplay up myself, but I've already been slapped on the wrist once for doing so. :/

VikingCommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By VikingCommando

@SketchPanic: If that is indeed the case, it is clear that copyright holders don't care in the least seeing as people like motdef have at a minimum, 10,000 views, and at the higher end, 400,000 views on videos that are nothing but recorded gameplay. I imagine if you are trying to place an ad upfront they may be a tad more stringent, but as far as straight uploads, i don't think it's ever reaaaallly been an issue.

SketchPanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SketchPanic

@VikingCommando: I could place ads, but only do so on video I actually make with only content of my own. This simply means that the YouTube gods hate me... knowing that makes me sad. D:

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By vortextk

That's...weird? Why would they claim it is if you don't talk?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.