Should I?

#1 Posted by Meteor_VII (125 posts) -

So I have played through the game twice on 360 but I am getting an itch to play it again but I am curious if the game runs a ton better on pc if I should buy a pc version to have a better experience.

#2 Posted by sir_gunblade (98 posts) -
#3 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3630 posts) -

I can't even run it (on a Mac) and I'm getting it. So hells yes. Is for charity!

#4 Edited by believer258 (11066 posts) -

SR3 runs a billion times better on PC. I remember at least one time on the 360 version where the police and the gangs were all trying to kill each other, I was in the middle of it, and it got pretty rough. That wouldn't happen on PC.

#5 Posted by djou (830 posts) -

A bit off topic, if you're itching to play an open world game on PC I would recommend Sleeping Dogs. The texture pack makes it look amazing and I'm sure there will be steep discounts over the holidays. Although definitely pick up the THQ humble bumble, if not for SR3 then the others, I did.

#6 Posted by DuskVamp (679 posts) -

@TheSouthernDandy said:

I can't even run it (on a Mac) and I'm getting it. So hells yes. Is for charity!

Bootcamp if you wanna play it, that's what I'm gonna do.

#7 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3630 posts) -
@DuskVamp

@TheSouthernDandy said:

Bootcamp if you wanna play it, that's what I'm gonna do.

I would but my Mac mini is underpowered and low on memory. My computer situation is kinda sad.
#8 Posted by Subjugation (4694 posts) -

If you have the right hardware the game runs worlds better on PC. And it looks pretty great. And it's still SR3, what more do you need?

#9 Posted by Icemo (628 posts) -

If your PC is not seven years old then yeah, saints row the third will run better than on xbox 360.

#10 Posted by clstirens (846 posts) -

@believer258 said:

SR3 runs a billion times better on PC. I remember at least one time on the 360 version where the police and the gangs were all trying to kill each other, I was in the Midfle of it, and it got pretty rough. That wouldn't happen on PC.

Eh... PC version was, for quite a while, severely unoptimized on some AMD platforms. I could run BF3 at 1600x900 and High settings, but saints row would run pretty poorly at low settings, 1280x720.

Not sure how it is now.

#11 Posted by believer258 (11066 posts) -

@clstirens said:

@believer258 said:

SR3 runs a billion times better on PC. I remember at least one time on the 360 version where the police and the gangs were all trying to kill each other, I was in the Midfle of it, and it got pretty rough. That wouldn't happen on PC.

Eh... PC version was, for quite a while, severely unoptimized on some AMD platforms. I could run BF3 at 1600x900 and High settings, but saints row would run pretty poorly at low settings, 1280x720.

Not sure how it is now.

I played about 45 minutes of it on a free-to-play weekend (HD 7770) and... it was fine.

#12 Posted by clstirens (846 posts) -

@believer258 said:

@clstirens said:

@believer258 said:

Not sure how it is now.

I played about 45 minutes of it on a free-to-play weekend (HD 7770) and... it was fine.

Might have been because a lot of those users were on slightly older hardware. I had a 5870, and everything before the 6xxx series was produced before ATI was bought, and a lot of its staff replaced.

There were huge revisions to their Drivers (that overall helped immensely), so who knows.

#13 Posted by Chaser324 (5988 posts) -

Unless your financial situation is extremely dire, I think you should be able to justify sending $6 to charity to give it a try and not feel that bummed out if it doesn't work.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.