Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row: The Third

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

After turning their infamy into worldwide fame, the Third Street Saints now find themselves at war with a powerful criminal organization called The Syndicate. Strap it on.

Soundtrack not as good

EODTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By EODTech

Just one man's opinion here, no need to get butthurt if you disagree, but I think the SR2 soundtrack was far superior. That soundtrack turned me on to emo, underground modern rap, and funk. Especially turned me on to gangsta, which I wasn't a big fan of before I played. Even had some halfway decent reggae.

SR3 seems not to have much good on the soundtrack. The genre choices could be improved, or in fairness, seem to be geared toward very narrow demographics which most of us don't fit. Reggaeton? I'm not a 19-year old gay black kid from Baltimore, or Puerto Rican. Metal? It's not 1989. And even the song choices within individual genres leave much to be desired. The alt station's selections are mostly forgettable. The songs selected for the rap station kind of blow.

And...are you serious, an Adult Swim station? Hosted by the star of that awful show "Delocated," in-character and with voice modulator, as if it wasn't already gimmicky enough? As an aside, since Volition was clearly already in talks with Adult Swim, they had a great opportunity here to showcase the talents of Brendon Small and have an all-Dethklok/Scab station (Lord knows there is enough material there) but no.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Jadeskye

I'm inclined to agree but i didn't have any real problem with the SR3 soundtrack, just that SR2's was better.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By GunstarRed

The SR3 soundtrack is fine, but SR2 having Sister Christian automatically makes it better.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

I agree, a lot of things about SR2 were better than in SR3, but then again a lot of things are better in SR3... And yes, fucking Adult Swim...i mean wtf? Was there even 1 dethklok song in the game? I thought the host was pretty cool though. He called me out on my excessive gaming. It was awkward.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#5  Edited By Hailinel

It's debatable which game has the better soundtrack, but Saints Row: The Third makes better use of its soundtrack.

FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By FirePrince

SR2 had a better soundtrack.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By N7

I have never been more enraged by anything so hard in my life. 

I don't think the soundtrack was bad. I think YOU are bad. ):<

COME AT ME BRO

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ShaggE

The Adult Swim station is worth it just for "Sports" and the ATHF theme. Other than that and a couple of funny comments from the DJ, yeah, it's kind of a shit station.

lusence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lusence

totally...sr2 has the best soundtrack, my buddies band was actually in it, they broke up before the game came out and didnt talk to them in awhile so was a nice surprise to hear that, and i loved the 80's station so that alone sold it fo me. Must cost a fortune to get the rights to some decent rap songs, like the ones from san andreas, yah know snoop, dre. back in the 90's?

Avatar image for blastprocessing
    BlastProcessing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By BlastProcessing

I'm gonna go on a limb, and say SR3 has the worst licensed soundtrack of any open world game. They absolutely dropped the ball with every station, especially in comparison to SR2.

Morien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Morien

I agree about the stations not having as good of music when compared to SR2, but they used music in a better way in SR3 along with the missions. I also love the music done by Malcom Kirby Jr for the menu and a few of his other tracks as well.

EODTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By EODTech

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

I agree, a lot of things about SR2 were better than in SR3, but then again a lot of things are better in SR3... And yes, fucking Adult Swim...i mean wtf? Was there even 1 dethklok song in the game? I thought the host was pretty cool though. He called me out on my excessive gaming. It was awkward.

There was in fact one (ONLY ONE!) Dethklok song, but it wasn't even one of the good ones. I expected "Go Into the Water" or "Murmaider," but I think it was that cyborg one.

Holy crap, I just realized I'm wearing a Dethklok tour shirt from when I went to see them in Houston in 08. How crazy.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Ruiner

Licensed soundtrack not as good. Original Music 10x better...

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ShockD
    @The_Ruiner said:

Licensed soundtrack not as good. Original Music 10x better...

What?
    InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By InternetCrab

Fine soundtrack. But SR2 was better, and i also liked Saints Row soundtrack.

Just one thing though:

NO ONE MAN SHOULD HAVE ALL THAT POWER!!!!

stubbleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By stubbleman

That shit is relative bro. I'll say this. Return of the Mack makes the SR3 soundtrack better for me by it's self. The SR2 soundtrack was great don't get me wrong. But the few standout songs like Machine Head and Return of the Mack make the SR3 soundtrack better in my opinion.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By Justin258

It would be nice if you could set up stations that played your own music that you have on your console's hard drive.

Is there a way to do that on the PC version? I know you can on the Xbox version, but in SR2 it played over the cutscenes and I didn't want that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.