Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row: The Third

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

After turning their infamy into worldwide fame, the Third Street Saints now find themselves at war with a powerful criminal organization called The Syndicate. Strap it on.

Trail Blazing

Avatar image for deactivated-59123fe38ab28
    deactivated-59123fe38ab28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

The Trail Blazing activity, more than any scrape or scratch in this otherwise glistening gem, makes me want to hurl my disc out the window. For reasons unbeknost to me, that activity infuriates me more than any bullshit I think I've ever seen in a video game. I drive the Toad and I try to get to the targets, and sometimes I get awarded with a handful of seconds, sometimes I get quite a few, but one thing I never get is to the end. Am I missing something? Is there some high level strategy that I'm unaware of? What am I even supposed to be doing?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

Trail-Blazing is one of my favourites across the entire franchise. It's also one of the easiest; seriously, just keep following the checkpoints while smashing through as many cars/people as possible (the more people/cars you hit, the more time you're awarded when you hit a checkpoint). It's hard to give much of a strategy to success because of its overt simplicity.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @chrismafuchris said:
    The Trail Blazing activity, more than any scrape or scratch in this otherwise glistening gem, makes me want to hurl my disc out the window. For reasons unbeknost to me, that activity infuriates me more than any bullshit I think I've ever seen in a video game. I drive the Toad and I try to get to the targets, and sometimes I get awarded with a handful of seconds, sometimes I get quite a few, but one thing I never get is to the end. Am I missing something? Is there some high level strategy that I'm unaware of? What am I even supposed to be doing?
    Hitting people get more seconds. Hitting cars gets 1 second. you store those seconds and get them at the check point. 

Be on the look out for little fires on the roads. They set off a chain reaction and blow up more stuff. 
    Koobasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Koobasta

If you're running out of time, you're not hitting enough pedestrians and vehicles. The point is to cause as much havoc while getting to checkpoints. It's fun! Side note: I felt this way about insurance fraud, until I discovered the beauty of getting my ass run over on the highways

Avatar image for deactivated-59123fe38ab28
    deactivated-59123fe38ab28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@The_Laughing_Man Thank you so much for pointing out to hit the fires; it makes the activity so much more enjoyable.
    onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By onan

Running into things also seems to give you a speed boost in addition to banked seconds. Not only cars and people, but also lampposts and newspaper bins and all that. The only thing that makes it at all difficult is getting past your gaming reflexes to dodge out of the way of traffic.

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By hbkdx12

Trailblazing is a joke (whether it be for better or worse) once you just ride on the sidewalks.

The streets aren't as heavily populated with cars as you'd want them to be but there are always tons of peds and they get you tons of seconds

Just ride down the sidewalk instead of the street while dodging the occasional telephone pole. 

Easy Peezy. You'll have more seconds than you'll know what to do with.

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By InternetCrab

I hate Trail Blazing as well, and i had to aim like an damn idiot to hit people to get more seconds (since vehicles are only worth 1 sec). Cyber Blazing is 1000 times better.

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Hosstile17

Trailblazing in co-op is even easier. You can mow through cars and your friend can toss molotovs at pedestrians.

IkariNoTekken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By IkariNoTekken

Others have nailed the basics, only thing to add would be that you don't have to follow the road on all of them. Keep an eye on the radar for where the next checkpoint is; I found multiple points where I could cut corners giving me plenty of time to make it to the end.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.