Well Poo, bought it and can't play DAMN YOU AMD!!!

#1 Posted by Jack_Daniels (1414 posts) -

Using two Radeon HD4800 on crossfire which run everything else at maxed settings. This game won't make past the logo's before crashes to the desktop. I've looked on forums and things look pretty depressing :( Not sure if I wanna beg steam for a refund or just do nothing.

#2 Posted by rethla (475 posts) -

If it runs everything else on max settings why is it AMDs fault?

#3 Posted by SmasheControllers (2550 posts) -

@Jack_Daniels: It's a problem with Crossfire, update your drivers. Had similar problem.

#4 Edited by MikeFightNight (1110 posts) -

Ahh dude that sucks. I run a Radeon HD5800 card and had no problem with SR 3, I would try to write a sappy e-mail and get a refund, if you can't play it, it's worthless. It's a shame though, SR 3 is a hell of a fun ride... not to rub it in or anything;)

#5 Posted by NoCookiesForYou (760 posts) -

@SmasheControllers said:

@Jack_Daniels: It's a problem with Crossfire, update your drivers. Had similar problem.

This. After that if you continue to have issues try installing the latest Catalyst application profile.

#6 Posted by iAmJohn (6120 posts) -

Yeah, I don't think this is an AMD issue, dude; I play SR3 on my MBP in Boot Camp and it runs just fine. Sounds like you might need to update Crossfire.

#7 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

Try disabling crossfire and just using 1 GPU if nothing else works. I know it solved any SLI problems I ever had, so maybe it's the same principle.

#8 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@Jack_Daniels said:

I've looked on forums and things look pretty depressing

What forums did you look at? 10 seconds of googling pulled up the solution to multiple startup problems.

#9 Posted by Jack_Daniels (1414 posts) -

@SmasheControllers: @NoCookiesForYou:

I'll give those application profiles a shot. I did upgrade but my drivers are already up to date. 12.1

#10 Posted by AlexW00d (6275 posts) -

Worked lovely for me, so gutted, I guess.

#11 Posted by Jack_Daniels (1414 posts) -

@AlexW00d: Steam forums, THQ forums and then I googled around a bit and tried a few different things like resinstalling, checking the lastest drivers. But dude I can't even start the game, not sure how to fix that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.