Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Saints Row: The Third

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Nov 15, 2011

After turning their infamy into worldwide fame, the Third Street Saints now find themselves at war with a powerful criminal organization called The Syndicate. Strap it on.

Will the sequel be a next gen launch title?

jdw519

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By jdw519

Just thinking out loud here, but it seems like the Saints Row franchise is set up pretty nicely to time up with the new launch of hardware. If the scope and craziness of the game is supposed to go up by the next iteration it only seems fitting that it be powered by a new machine, thoughts?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

It's what I'm assuming as well. I'm hoping it won't be a launch title, though. Open world game like Saints Row built within new, alien hardware? MADNESS! And in this case it wouldn't be the good kind.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By Dagbiker

I doubt it will be a launch title, those will most likley be console exclusives. But I could definitaly see it come out in the first year, assuming 2013.

hbkdx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By hbkdx12

I hope it's not a launch title, as launch titles never really showcase what the system can do in which case, the improvements will probably be marginal. 

I wish they didn't take out spinning rims :(

mutley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By mutley

Not a Next Gen launch title but most probably will be released next-gen.

Exciting times, gentlemen!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.