Would you consider Saints Row a triple A title now?

• 67 results
#1 Posted by Twitchey (865 posts) -
#2 Posted by Mmmslash (2171 posts) -

I always did.

#3 Edited by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

No way brah its fo sho a AAAA title.

#4 Posted by gunstar (254 posts) -

More like Triple X title, right guys?

...C'mon.

#5 Posted by Miningguyx360 (326 posts) -

AAA implies that at one point in the series it was an innovative title so, no. Is it a totally rad game, fuck yeah!

#6 Posted by McGhee (6075 posts) -

That shit looks so stupid. No wonder people like it.

#7 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

@Miningguyx360 said:

AAA implies that at one point in the series it was an innovative title so, no. Is it a totally rad game, fuck yeah!

That depends. Maybe next year singing zombies and phallic weapons will be the new WW2.

#8 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4899 posts) -

@Mmmslash said:

I always did.

#9 Posted by Barrock (3553 posts) -

It's got a fly ass Collector's Edition. It's AAA.

#10 Posted by Stackboy (517 posts) -

You're buying into industry buzzwords.

#11 Posted by amomjc (977 posts) -

Well yeah.

#12 Posted by themangalist (1748 posts) -

AAA production values? probably. For me, I can't understand all the random fuck in these games.

#13 Posted by Creamypies (4091 posts) -

I don't get what that means. Does triple A mean it's a fantastic game? Or does it mean it's poised to make a lot of money?

I never really thought of the Saints Row franchise as huge, and I am slightly surprised that they'd dare to launch in such a contentious month.

I mean, it's launching the same week as Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Halo: Anniversary. Not forgetting of course that just a week before that we've got Skyrim & Modern Warfare 3.

I am really looking forward to Saints Row 3, and I hope I'm wrong... but I can really see this having some pretty low launch week sales numbers.

#14 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

@sofacitysweetheart said:

@Miningguyx360 said:

That depends. Maybe next year singing zombies and phallic weapons will be the new WW2.

but what a world to be in

#15 Posted by drowsap (683 posts) -

I still think its a gta knock off I do like it more then a gta. but I feel like its just not up there withe other triple a titles, but thats just my opinion

#16 Posted by Starfishhunter9 (369 posts) -

It's Legit

#17 Posted by Landon (4164 posts) -

@Creamypies said:

I don't get what that means. Does triple A mean it's a fantastic game? Or does it mean it's poised to make a lot of money?

I never really thought of the Saints Row franchise as huge, and I am slightly surprised that they'd dare to launch in such a contentious month.

I mean, it's launching the same week as Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Halo: Anniversary. Not forgetting of course that just a week before that we've got Skyrim & Modern Warfare 3.

I am really looking forward to Saints Row 3, and I hope I'm wrong... but I can really see this having some pretty low launch week sales numbers.

A Triple A game means it's a game the developers are putting all of their marketing and time into. People tend to confuse this with "it means it's going to be a good game". Saints Row 1 and 2 were both triple A games, Skyrim is a triple A game, Arkham City was a triple A game, ect.

#18 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

To me, AAA refers to a high budget title and that's what SR3 seems to be, so yes.

#19 Posted by CornBREDX (6077 posts) -

I don't actually know what a AAA title is but I have always assumed it was games that sell millions of copies. In which case no it is not.

Being that's its published by Volition I am always skeptical of any of their releases. It could be great, could be terribad. Until I play it I have no way of knowing. I don't think it will be that big of a seller either way, although you never know what with GTA not having been out for a while and the teaser trailer just being released. I still kind of doubt it.

#20 Posted by thechronodarkness (294 posts) -

If somehow these must be drugged brains of reviewers can give dark souls 9.5 or 5/5, then yes. Saints row the 3rd is EASILY a triple A, or even AAAA title. The first two games made much more sense and were MUCH better put together than that trash heap of a game.

#21 Posted by Subjugation (4743 posts) -

It certainly delivers AAA levels of entertainment for me.

#22 Posted by Barrock (3553 posts) -

Hurry, someone make a wonderful AAA pun!

#23 Edited by Brendan (8173 posts) -

I'm pretty sure that every Saints Row game had enough money and assets plugged into it to be considered a AAA title.

@Creamypies: A AAA title is just a high budget game that can be considered a tent-pole release for a developer. In the list of "main" games released this year that you could rhyme off in your head, those would all be considered AAA games.

#24 Posted by iAmJohn (6135 posts) -

ITT people who don't know what "AAA" means and try to use it to legitimately discuss video games while I sigh and shake my head disapprovingly because marketing has won yet again.

#25 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

@Barrock said:

#26 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

AAA wouldn't be my insurance of choice, State Farm has better commercials.

#27 Posted by Barrock (3553 posts) -

@Claude said:

@Barrock said:

This isn't sexual in nature. It needs to be sexual in nature.

#28 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

@gunstar said:

More like Triple X title, right guys?

...C'mon.

High five

#29 Posted by NegativeCero (3041 posts) -

THQ is marketing well, so yeah.

#30 Posted by NickL (2247 posts) -

It's always been a AAA

Strap it on.

#31 Posted by GloriousDinosaur (435 posts) -

i dont understand the draw of SR... is anyone able to explain it to me?

#32 Edited by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@GloriousDinosaur said:

Did you see that airplane/sky diveing thing?
#33 Posted by GloriousDinosaur (435 posts) -

@kingzetta: I did not. are you able to link me please?

#35 Posted by Korwin (3044 posts) -

You know whats stupid, calling games triple A titles.

#36 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7184 posts) -

@GloriousDinosaur said:

It's fun.

#37 Posted by Zidd (1857 posts) -

I prefer its brand of crazy over anything GTA 4 had to offer so its getting there.

#38 Posted by Karkarov (3292 posts) -

It always was triple A :P. If you don't agree my pimp cane shotgun has something to say to you about that.

#39 Posted by Phoenix778m (264 posts) -

GTA 4 was great graphic-wise but ultimately felt boring. I never gave Saints Row 2 a chance because I had the mentally much like my feeling towards Apple Jacks vs Apple-O's. I grabbed SR2 on XBL because I needed something to play and had a blast! Then I thought to myself; it has everything that GTA is missing. The amount of customization wasn't insane but it was varied enough to add much needed boost of individuality to the open world crime genre. If GTA is smart they will be watching this franchise because if Volition pulls it off? They will be a force to contended with. Skyrim and Saints Row are day one purchases for me and all I will be playing till the end of the year.

#40 Posted by damswedon (3202 posts) -

No because I don't regard any game as a Triple A title.

It is such a stupid term.

#41 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1331 posts) -

Doesn't seem big enough to be called triple A to me.

#42 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

I would classify it as one, but it depends on the person.

#43 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

God no. Though, Saints Row 3 looks like it might actually be pretty good.

#44 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8607 posts) -
@Mmmslash said:

I always did.

This.
One of the few games that's all about fun.
#45 Edited by DonPixel (2628 posts) -

Dunno it's getting good buzz but a fighting dildo and weird random shit doesn't make it for me, If still a poor game like the previous I'm not getting it.

I'm waiting for reviews.

#46 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

It's a very fun game, sells huge numbers and is getting the appropriate amount of hype. Lots of trailers an a stupidly elaborate CE.

So yes.

#47 Posted by PenguinDust (12642 posts) -

No, it doesn't have the following of a GTA, Halo, Call of Duty, or Zelda game. It gets better with each release, but it's still not something I can mention to a friend with average video game knowledge and expect them to know it. Great games, but not "AAA" yet.

#48 Posted by Dudacles (1465 posts) -
#49 Posted by Jeffsekai (7054 posts) -

The third game isn't even out yet, why is this topic even made yet.

#50 Posted by MikkaQ (10344 posts) -

AAA is a meaningless term thrown around by poor writers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.