The Super Saiyan's influence...

#1 Posted by Mago (129 posts) -

I've always had this lurking suspicion that Super Saiyans had quite a bit of influence on Sonic's transformation to Super Sonic.  The method may be different to achieve it, but Sonic gets gold and spiked hair, plus even the way he transforms is similar.  Has anyone else had this thought ever or am I just a freakin' weirdo?

#2 Posted by Termite (2398 posts) -

I always call super sonic a saiyan.

Sonic's final smash thing makes him into a super saiyan

For instance

#3 Posted by Mago (129 posts) -

Maybe Sonic is a long lost and horribly mutated Saiyan.  They should make another crappy DBZ movie that shows how this came to be! =O

#4 Posted by Termite (2398 posts) -
Mago said:
"Maybe Sonic is a long lost and horribly mutated Saiyan.  They should make another crappy DBZ movie that shows how this came to be! =O
"
I agree.

Let's make a petition!

#5 Posted by Mago (129 posts) -

Haha!  Also add to the petition that Sonic's hair is to bright in the new game and it should be toned down. >.>

#6 Posted by Termite (2398 posts) -
Mago said:
"Haha!  Also add to the petition that Sonic's hair is to bright in the new game and it should be toned down. >.>
"
Yeah dude, this really isn't the sonic I remember, it's like they made it for KIDS!

Haha
#7 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -

I think it's pretty obvious that the creators of Super Sonic were influenced by the saiyans

#8 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -

Sonic is just what hedgehogs were like on Vegeta! He was Goku's pet and ended up coming to Earth with him, but when the ship landed, Sonic ran off on his own.

Mystery solved. :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.