Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Jul 07, 2005

The fifth game in the Sakura Taisen franchise and the first to receive an official North American localization, courtesy of NIS America.

NISA makes Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love a 2-Disc Box Set

jj984jj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By jj984jj

Due to the lack of space and to keep the original voice acting, NIS America is releasing Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love on 2 disks for $39.99.

http://www.siliconera.com/2009/07/05/sakura-wars-so-long-my-love-sold-as-a-two-disc-box-set/

I'm definitely going to support this. Now I just need to know if the Wii version will be good and allow them to bring the rest of the series over when they can't bring over anymore PS2 games, otherwise I'll just get the PS2 version.

Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Dan_CiTi

Like most Wii/PS2 games, the Wii version is better. I'll be picking this up on the Wii for sure. It is cool that they wanted to include both languages so badly, but lets just hope the voice acting is on par with their other games.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By iamjohn

That doesn't make this game any less "sent to die."  Especially because it's apparently one of the lesser Sakura Taisen games. :\

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#4  Edited By AgentJ

Yay! I'm buying this day one, if just to support it. 

jj984jj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jj984jj
    @iAmJohn said:
    " That doesn't make this game any less "sent to die."  Especially because it's apparently one of the lesser Sakura Taisen games. :\ "
    It was probably the easiest one for them to do since it has no ties to the others. I heard it's a pretty big debate among fans about whether this or IV is worse, fans didn't like this one mainly because it has nothing to do with the others and they didn't like all the new lead characters, but out of all the Sakura Taisen games this is also suppose to be the closest to Valkyria Chronicles in terms of gameplay.
    Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Axersia
    Dan_CiTi said:
    " Like most Wii/PS2 games, the Wii version is better."
    Wrong! This is a 4 y/o PS2 game being ported to the Wii, and like most PS2 to Wii ports, the PS2 version is better (also, there's no way for either of us to know since the Wii version isn't even out yet).

jj984jj said:
    "but out of all the Sakura Taisen games this is also suppose to be the closest to Valkyria Chronicles in terms of gameplay. "
    I've heard that as well. It wouldn't surprise me, actually, since it's done by the same development team.
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    @Axersia said:
    " Dan_CiTi said:
    Wrong! This is a 4 y/o PS2 game being ported to the Wii, and like most PS2 to Wii ports, the PS2 version is better (also, there's no way for either of us to know since the Wii version isn't even out yet).

jj984jj said:
    "but out of all the Sakura Taisen games this is also suppose to be the closest to Valkyria Chronicles in terms of gameplay. "
    I've heard that as well. It wouldn't surprise me, actually, since it's done by the same development team. "
    Based upon? if the wii version has more stuff then the wii version is better, from what im seeing the wii and ps2 version are exactly the same so they are both equal.
    Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Axersia
    @WilliamRLBaker said:
    " @Axersia said:
    " Dan_CiTi said:

jj984jj said:
    I've heard that as well. It wouldn't surprise me, actually, since it's done by the same development team. "
    Based upon? if the wii version has more stuff then the wii version is better, from what im seeing the wii and ps2 version are exactly the same so they are both equal. "
    Based on nothing. That's why I said there's no way to know because the Wii version isn't out yet.

However, the PS2 and Wii version of Okami certainly weren't equal and the PS2 version was the clear winner IMO. There's a lot you can screw up when you port a game, and even additional content doesn't always make up for that (also, I'm pretty sure the Wii version is an identical port).
    jj984jj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jj984jj
    @Axersia said:
    "Based on nothing. That's why I said there's no way to know because the Wii version isn't out yet.However, the PS2 and Wii version of Okami certainly weren't equal and the PS2 version was the clear winner IMO. There's a lot you can screw up when you port a game, and even additional content doesn't always make up for that (also, I'm pretty sure the Wii version is an identical port). "
    Okami isn't really a good example, the original developers had nothing to do with it, even the few who remained at Capcom, and Ready At Dawn didn't have an easy time doing it.

We don't know who's doing the Wii port of this game, but given that even some NISA games have had bugs that weren't in their Japanese version I'm just hoping both will come over bug-free. If one version turns out better than the other I'll get the better one though.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AgentJ
    @jj984jj said:
    " @Axersia said:
    "Based on nothing. That's why I said there's no way to know because the Wii version isn't out yet.However, the PS2 and Wii version of Okami certainly weren't equal and the PS2 version was the clear winner IMO. There's a lot you can screw up when you port a game, and even additional content doesn't always make up for that (also, I'm pretty sure the Wii version is an identical port). "
    Okami isn't really a good example, the original developers had nothing to do with it, even the few who remained at Capcom, and Ready At Dawn didn't have an easy time doing it. We don't know who's doing the Wii port of this game, but given that even some NISA games have had bugs that weren't in their Japanese version I'm just hoping both will come over bug-free. If one version turns out better than the other I'll get the better one though. "
    Very good point. I think a better example is the port of Resident Evil 4 (itself a port of the GC game). Controled better, played better, looked better.
    Dan_CiTi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Dan_CiTi
    @Axersia: I thought the Wii version of RE4, The DOG Island, and Phantom Brave are better.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AgentJ

If this game enjoys mild success, do you think they may consider localizing more games in the series? Also, does anyone have a hard release date? It says 2009 right now, and that could mean just the fiscal 2009, which stretches into march i believe. 

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#13  Edited By Hailinel
    @AgentJ said:
    " If this game enjoys mild success, do you think they may consider localizing more games in the series? Also, does anyone have a hard release date? It says 2009 right now, and that could mean just the fiscal 2009, which stretches into march i believe.  "
    Ouch.  Yeah.  I just checked the game's release date on Amazon and it currently lists the release date as March 31, 2010.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.