Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Samurai Shodown SEN

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Apr 17, 2008

The fourth 3D spin-off of the 2D Samurai Shodown series brings a colorful cast of new combatants and a new gameplay style reminiscent of the SoulCalibur series. It was developed for the series' 15th anniversary.

Samurai Shodown: Edge of Destiny - 360 (Screens)

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks
    SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By SpinCookie

After SF IV those graphics look like their from the PS2.  Sorry, not trying to bash a game you like, but those graphics just don't look that good.  I bet the gameplay is kick ass though.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks
    SpinCookie said:

"After SF IV those graphics look like their from the PS2.  Sorry, not trying to bash a game you like, but those graphics just don't look that good.  I bet the gameplay is kick ass though."

No need to apologize, I think along the same lines myself, it was my first thought, although I would not go down to PS2 level. The fact is I am not keen on the idea of this being 3D in the first place, as other Shodown purists feel. Samurai Shodown Sen (arcade version) may have the gory hallmarks of a Sam Sho game, but boy has it lost it's character and charm in becoming a 3D fighter.

I must say I am quite surprised by the dip in quality in the 360 version, it makes no sense to me, the 360 is fully capable of replicating the arcade game well.

The arcade version is more palatable visually-

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

look like a ps2 game? i dont think i saw a ps2 fighting game look that good ever.

shorap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By shorap

Yeah, it may not look as good as SF4 but it still looks like a current (360, PS3) game, not a last gen game. 

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Character Trailer

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By Al3xand3r

Why are they taking this franchise to 3D after it kinda sorta failed with KOF which went back to 2D???
    Oh well, it might be good, but currently their animations look a little off to me, I'm not sure why that is.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Linkyshinks

The Japanese website has launched which confirms a Japanese release date of December 10th

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/samurai_sen/xbox360/index.html

Notable among the updates to this 360 version is the ability to use two boss characters who were unusable in the arcade version, and full Xbox Live online play of course.

edit:

I will give this game a chance to impress me, I'm not going to dismiss it solely because it's 3D and doesn't look that great visually.  

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#9  Edited By AgentJ

I'm kind of an outside fan of the Samurai Showdown series. I haven't played much of the games, but the characters are very interesting and I did enjoy playing as them in Capcom vs SNK. The game doesn't look that hot, but if it turns out to be good, then that won't stop me. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.