Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Samurai Warriors 3

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Dec 03, 2009

Players once again take part in a romanticized version of the Japanese Sengoku era, hacking and slashing their way through scores of enemies, in the first mainline Warriors game to be released for the Wii.

TGS Samurai Warriors 3 trailer.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#1  Edited By Hailinel

Some gameplay mixed in with cinematics.  It's looking pretty good and I can't wait to play it.  The Samurai Warriors titles are my favorites of the Warriors series.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r

It looks good in motion. CAPCOM will also have their knock off game on display at TGS, I wonder if the Wii version (that one will also be on the PS3, they said people would be impressed with their Wii effort too -- I believe it after MH3 and RE:DSC) will look better than this though.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Xeiphyer

Man! I really enjoy Samurai Warriors/ Dynasty Warriors/ Warriors Orochi. But seriously... Its the same.. Again.. for the 30th time!

It doesn't even look slighty different from previous games.. I wish they would make a great looking deeper game.. So much wasted potential =/

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187

Still say it's bullshit that SW3 is only coming to the Wii.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By trophyhunter

why only for the wii and not the ps2 
    damn the scythe and wip sword people look awesome

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hailinel
    @jakob187 said:
    " Still say it's bullshit that SW3 is only coming to the Wii. "
    Keep crying. :P  The PS3 and 360 have plenty of Warriors love.

@Al3xand3r said:
    " It looks good in motion. CAPCOM will also have their knock off game on display at TGS, I wonder if the Wii version (that one will also be on the PS3, they said people would be impressed with their Wii effort too -- I believe it after MH3 and RE:DSC) will look better than this though. "

I've always found it kind of funny that Capcom made Sengoku Basara to compete directly with the Warriors games, yet they take the historical aspect out of the western versions completely with that silly Devil Kings nonsense.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hailinel
    @trophyhunter said:
    " why only for the wii and not the ps2  damn the scythe and wip sword people look awesome "
    The game supposedly includes a mode that is named for and inspired by an old Nintendo Famicom title.  Miyamoto and Iwata also showed up at a Koei event where the mode was discussed.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Hailinel said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    " why only for the wii and not the ps2  damn the scythe and wip sword people look awesome "
    The game supposedly includes a mode that is named for and inspired by an old Nintendo Famicom title.  Miyamoto and Iwata also showed up at a Koei event where the mode was discussed. "
    koei was around in the NES days?
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hailinel
    @trophyhunter said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @trophyhunter said:
    The game supposedly includes a mode that is named for and inspired by an old Nintendo Famicom title.  Miyamoto and Iwata also showed up at a Koei event where the mode was discussed. "
    koei was around in the NES days? "
    Well, yes, they were, but I meant that the mode was inspired by a Nintendo-made game.  Not a Koei title.

And Koei has been around for over three decades.  The earliest console game of theirs that I can recall was the NES version of Nobunaga's Ambition.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By trophyhunter

oh I thought  Nobunaga's Ambition was first on the SNES

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hailinel
    @trophyhunter: Yeah.  Just check this out.  It's amazing how far startegy games have come since then:

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Al3xand3r

Gameplay vid.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Hailinel
    @Al3xand3r: The new characters in that video look awesome.  The whip-sword especially should be a fun weapon to use on crowds.
    eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By eirikr

They still need to make one of these games set during the American Revolution, like Koei's own Liberty or Death. The newly announced Troy Musou game is a start, but I want to be able to have Ben Franklin mow down a bunch of hapless Brits with an electric kite.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hailinel
    @Eirikr: A Troy Musou game?  Cool.

Also, I fear John Hancock's quill-bearing might.
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By PureRok

Mitsuhide saying "The enemy is at Honnoji!" is always chilling. Sanada Yukimura looks great as always (my personal favorite, along with Azai Nagamasa and Nene).

No Caption Provided

Although, I think they really messed up on Hattori Hanzo's design.

No Caption Provided
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hailinel
    @PureRok: Nene is one of my favorites as well.  I think I poured more hours into Samurai Warriors 2 using her and Ginchiyo than any of the other characters.

But, yeah.  What the heck happened to Hanzo?  O_o
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Al3xand3r

More gameplay.

Noob player though, at least at the start.

Also they announced a micro-transaction based online Dynasty Warriors for PS3 and PC.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Hailinel
    @Al3xand3r said:

" More gameplay.
      Noob player though, at least at the start.Also they announced a micro-transaction based online Dynasty Warriors for PS3 and PC. "

Nice.  Even in that sort bit I noticed changes that help distinguish it from Samurai Warriors 2.  And yeah, the new PS3/PC game is a new version/sequel to Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce, a PSP game that sort of crosses Dynasty Warriors 6 with Monster Hunter.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Al3xand3r

I played the demo of that PSP game and hated it. Stupid jumpy tigers. And I liked the MHFU demo so it wasn't that.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hailinel
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " I played the demo of that PSP game and hated it. Stupid jumpy tigers. And I liked the MHFU demo so it wasn't that. "
    I didn't mind it so much.  It was a nice change of pace, though it's definitely designed more for multiplayer.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ryanwho
    @Hailinel said:
    " @jakob187 said:

@Al3xand3r said:
    " It looks good in motion. CAPCOM will also have their knock off game on display at TGS, I wonder if the Wii version (that one will also be on the PS3, they said people would be impressed with their Wii effort too -- I believe it after MH3 and RE:DSC) will look better than this though. "
    I've always found it kind of funny that Capcom made Sengoku Basara to compete directly with the Warriors games, yet they take the historical aspect out of the western versions completely with that silly Devil Kings nonsense. "
    Right. Because its less silly to give magic powers to actual historical figures. The Devil Kings rebranding was the smartest thing they could do for the western audience.  
    As for this, wake me when the Empire expansion comes out.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Hailinel
    @ryanwho said:
    " @Hailinel said:
    " @jakob187 said:

@Al3xand3r said:
    I've always found it kind of funny that Capcom made Sengoku Basara to compete directly with the Warriors games, yet they take the historical aspect out of the western versions completely with that silly Devil Kings nonsense. "
    Right. Because its less silly to give magic powers to actual historical figures. The Devil Kings rebranding was the smartest thing they could do for the western audience.  As for this, wake me when the Empire expansion comes out. "
    It was so smart, why does it seem that Capcom is putting the historical aspect back into the release of the next Sengoku Basara?  And given the success of the Warriors series, I'd hardly say that giving actual historical figures magical powers is a recipe for hurting game sales.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ryanwho

They don't really play that much like the Warriors games, and it was smart of them to distance themselves away from Samurai Warriors with a name that reminds people of Devil May Cry. These games don't sell in the west because of their historical precedence. In fact, I'm baffled that DK is on its third game. I never hear people talk about the franchise.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.