Samurai Warriors 4 is already out in Japan and will be coming to North America in October. This is something I'm stoked for, as I've always preferred the Samurai Warriors series to Dynasty Warriors, and this looks like it should be a great new entry. I found this video of the Japanese version online where the player has included captions to describe some of the mechanical changes specific to this installment:
Some of the highlights:
- Two characters are now controlled in all battles, and the character not under active control behaves independently, similar in nature to Samurai Warriors Chronicles on the 3DS.
- Weapon pick-ups are now specific to the character that collects it, rather than giving weapons to all of the characters (as was the case in Warriors Orochi).
- Various tweaks have been made to the combo system.
- Hitting 1000 K.O.s now puts the player character in a temporary ultra-buffed state. This is the first time in the entire Warriors franchise that a gameplay bonus of this nature has been given for reaching this milestone.
- Armor equipment has been removed, and defensive stat buffs are now granted by weapons.