Data National Pokedex No:
Mouse Pokemon Type:
Sand Veil Hidden Ability:
Sand Rush Height:
26.5 lbsFound In: Kanto
, Hoenn Locations:
Routes 4, 11, and 23 (Blue
Routes 3, and 4, Mt. Moon (Yellow
Routes 4, and 32, Union Cave, Mt. Moon (Gold
Goldenrod Game Corner (Silver
Routes 3, and 4, Union Cave, Mt. Moon (Crystal
Routes 111, and 113 (Ruby
Routes 111, and 113, Mirage Tower (Emerald
Routes 4, 8, 9, 10, 11, 22, and 23 (LeafGreen
Union Cave, Mt. Moon and Safari Zone (HeartGold
Goldenrod Game Corner and Safari Zone (SoulSilver
Breed Sandslash (Black
They can be found in dry and arid areas to get away from water.They live underground most of the time, in deep burrows.
They burrow deep underground in hot, dry places. When Sandshrew uses Sand Attack, enemies have a hard time fighting back. Sandshrew make great pets if you live near a desert, but they are also tough to train because most of them are picky eaters.
Sandshrew (Level 22) --> Sandslash
Type Effectiveness Weak to:
Water, Grass and Ice Resistant Against:
Poison and Rock Unaffected by:
Electric Damaged Normally by:
Normal, Flying, Fighting, Fire, Ground, Steel, Bug, Ghost, Psychic, Dark and Dragon
- Red/Blue: Burrows deep underground in arid locations far from water. It only emerges to hunt for food.
- Yellow: Its body is dry. When it gets cold at night, its hide is said to become coated with a fine dew.
- Gold: If it fell from a great hight, this Pokemon could save itself by rolling into a ball and bouncing.
- Silver: Disliking water, it lives in deep burrows in arid areas. It can roll itself instantly into a ball.
- Crystal: It prefers dry, sandy places because it uses the sand to protect itself when threatened.
- Ruby: Sandshrew's body is configured to absorb water without waste, enabling it to survive in an arid desert. This Pokemon curls up to protect itself from its enemies.
- Sapphire: Sandshrew has a very dry hide that is extremely tough. The Pokemon can roll into a ball that repels any attack. At night, it burrows into the desert sand to sleep.
- Emerald: When it curls up in a ball, it can make any attack bounce harmlessly. Its hide has turned tough and hard as a result of living in the desert.
- FireRed: It burrows and live underground. If threatened, it curls itself into a ball for protection.
- LeafGreen: Burrows deep underground in arid locations far from water. It only emerges to hunt for food.
- Diamond/Pearl/Platinum: To protect itself from attackers, it curls up into a ball. It lives in arid regions with minimal rainfall.
- HeartGold: If it fell from a great hight, this Pokemon could save itself by rolling into a ball and bouncing.
- SoulSilver: Disliking water, it lives in deep burrows in arid areas. It can roll itself instantly into a ball.
- Black/White: To protect itself from attackers, it curls up into a ball. It lives in arid regions with minimal rainfall.
- Sandshrew is one of the version exclusive Pokemon in the Kanto games (Pokemon Red and Blue).
- Sandshrew is the first Ground type Pokemon to appear in the National Pokedex.
- Sandshrew, Sandslash, Rattata, Raticate, Pikachu and Raichu all share the same species name (Mouse Pokemon).