Most disgusting sandwich you've ever seen eaten or ordered?

Posted by MB (12023 posts) -

I stopped into the Subway on Kearny today for a delicious BMT on wheat for lunch, and I happened to overhear the dude in front of me ordering his sandwich.  Jalapeno on sourdough. That's it...no mustard, no other veggies, just jalapenos piled high on a foot long sourdough roll.  He paid his $5 and was on his way.

I was dumbfounded.  I like me some jalapenos on my sandwiches, but damn.  I'm thinking it had to be for a practical joke or something, but you never really know, I guess.

What is the most disgusting sandwich you have ever seen someone eat or order at a restaurant? 

#1 Posted by MB (12023 posts) -

I stopped into the Subway on Kearny today for a delicious BMT on wheat for lunch, and I happened to overhear the dude in front of me ordering his sandwich.  Jalapeno on sourdough. That's it...no mustard, no other veggies, just jalapenos piled high on a foot long sourdough roll.  He paid his $5 and was on his way.

I was dumbfounded.  I like me some jalapenos on my sandwiches, but damn.  I'm thinking it had to be for a practical joke or something, but you never really know, I guess.

What is the most disgusting sandwich you have ever seen someone eat or order at a restaurant? 

#2 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

I was on a week break in Cornwall, UK and on the last day me and my bro went halfs on the dirtiest crab sandwhich in the world it was effin disgusting.

I still ate it though.

#3 Edited by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -

Mmmm, jalapenos.

The worst sandwich I've ever eaten was a Wensleydale with apricot chutney and rocket salad sandwich. It was horrible!

EDIT: I didn't answer the question properly but I can't think of anything worse than that wensleydale muck.

#4 Posted by Absurd (2934 posts) -

Ham+Mayo. At First I didn't know there was mayo on it, but I hate mayo, and It wasn't very hard to notice.

#5 Posted by Aurelito (721 posts) -

It's a dilemma between salami with ketchup and salami with onion. both make me to throw up.

#6 Posted by Gruff182 (852 posts) -

Hmm..  Steak and Cheese was the only Subway i didn't like. But the worst sandwich was probably some distgusting Liver Pate i had in Paris..

#7 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -

Its not exactly a sandwhich, but I saw this old lady put mayo on her hotdog once, ugh it was so nasty.

I think the worst though involved peanut butter and pickels.
#8 Posted by MattyFTM (14348 posts) -
Zenaxzd said:
"Its not exactly a sandwhich, but I saw this old lady put mayo on her hotdog once, ugh it was so nasty"
What's wrong with that? It sounds delicious.
#9 Posted by oldschool (7264 posts) -

We put all sorts of unhealthy stuff in sandwiches when I was a wee tacker.  Stuff I wouldn't encourage my children to eat or me to do again.  Stuff like:

Salt & Vinegar Potato Crisp Sandwiches
Milo Sandwiches (Think Ovaltine perhaps, a chocolate energy drink powder)
Sweetened Condensed Milk Sandwiches

Didn't kill me though.
#10 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -
oldschool said:
Hey, Nothing wrong with that. I made cheese and crisp sandwhiches. And cheese and strawberry jam.

oldschool said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH that's the most ridiculas thing I've ever heard.
#11 Edited by PureRok (4235 posts) -
Absurd said:
"Ham+Mayo. At First I didn't know there was mayo on it, but I hate mayo, and It wasn't very hard to notice."
That's the worst you've ever seen? Hell, that's basically what I order from Subway any time I have it. Except I have turkey, provolone cheese, and mustard with it as well.
#12 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -
MattyFTM said:
"Zenaxzd said:
"Its not exactly a sandwhich, but I saw this old lady put mayo on her hotdog once, ugh it was so nasty"
What's wrong with that? It sounds delicious."
If it's your thing sure... personally though I thought it was horrible.
#13 Edited by strangeling (1260 posts) -

There's a guy, works at the local Pizza Hut, I don't even want to imagine what kind of sandwiches he eats / creates.

He's always making crazy pizzas.  The worst I can recall had macaroni salad and sunflower seeds on it, along with some other stuff.
I admire his creativity / experimentation, but some of those combinations just can't taste good.

Just last night he had a shrimp sandwich, but that doesn't sound too bad.
#14 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3500 posts) -

Banana bread pastrami cottage cheese sandwich.

#15 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

Anything from Quiznos. Disgusting. Or Subway. They both suck, fucking go to Jimmy Johns.

#16 Posted by TooWalrus (13139 posts) -

It was as SubWay... in Hawaii no less... it involved Krab...

#17 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -

Counting hamburgers?  Triple king burger from Fatburger with nothing on it but the meat, cheese, fried egg(s) and ketchup.

Not counting hamburgers I don't know =/

#18 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6987 posts) -

Seven Eleven. Bough a sandwich, and it turned out there was mold in it.

#19 Posted by jakob187 (21644 posts) -

Dried spaghetti with chocolate syrup and cheese on wheat.

#20 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -
jakob187 said:
"Dried spaghetti with chocolate syrup and cheese on wheat."
what the hell
#21 Posted by Absurd (2934 posts) -
PureRok said:
"Absurd said:
"Ham+Mayo. At First I didn't know there was mayo on it, but I hate mayo, and It wasn't very hard to notice."
That's the worst you've ever seen? Hell, that's basically what I order from Subway any time I have it. Except I have turkey, provolone cheese, and mustard with it as well."
There was like an inch of mayo and I just hate it so much
#22 Posted by jakob187 (21644 posts) -
DOUBLESHOCK said:
"jakob187 said:
what the hell"
I was 7.
#23 Posted by REDRUN (1410 posts) -
MB said:
"I stopped into the Subway on Kearny today for a delicious BMT on wheat for lunch, and I happened to overhear the dude in front of me ordering his sandwich.  Jalapeno on sourdough. That's it...no mustard, no other veggies, just jalapenos piled high on a foot long sourdough roll.  He paid his $5 and was on his way.I was dumbfounded.  I like me some jalapenos on my sandwiches, but damn.  I'm thinking it had to be for a practical joke or something, but you never really know, I guess. What is the most disgusting sandwich you have ever seen someone eat or order at a restaurant?  "
That dude was the G-man of Fringe.
#24 Edited by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -
jakob187 said:
Dude . . . wheat? Rye is where it's at.
#25 Posted by BoG (5184 posts) -

Anything with bologna. Stuff is nasty. Oh, and once my dad made a fried spam sandwich. That was awful.

#26 Posted by auspiciousqueue (1298 posts) -

Liverwurst with anything. But that Jalapeno sandwich sounds pretty nasty.

On a side note, I love the Italian BMT. 
#27 Posted by Megalon (1392 posts) -

When I was in central america last year I thought it would be a good idea to bring a few sub sandwiches along for a multi-day jungle hike. Well after a long day of hiking I pulled one of them out and the bread had mostly liquified from the humidity, so it literally dripped off the sandwich. And yeah, I ate it anyway. And yeah, it was kind of disgusting.

#28 Edited by RelentlessKnight (963 posts) -

Spaghetti sandwich. Maybe its because the chips aren't THAT crunchy enough.

#29 Posted by Dalai (6998 posts) -

Pimento loaf... I stay away from that shit.

#30 Posted by Bucketdeth (8004 posts) -

This probably isn't gross but I wouldn't eat it, I was at Subway and the lady in front of me was ordering a sub on whole wheat bread with just BBQ sauce and pickles, yummm.

#31 Posted by FiestaUnicorn (1577 posts) -

Once watched my brother in law eat three triple whoppers in about ten minutes.  Not that triple whoppers are the most disgusting burgers or anything but what he did was horrendous.

#32 Posted by MB (12023 posts) -

I'm not the best at mental math but I'm pretty sure three triple whoppers is about 1.6 million calories.

#33 Posted by FiestaUnicorn (1577 posts) -
MB said:
"I'm not the best at mental math but I'm pretty sure three triple whoppers is about 1.6 million calories."

I'm not the best at not throwing up watching someone eat three triple whoppers in ten minutes.  Weird, huh?
#34 Posted by lamegame621 (975 posts) -
MB said:
"I'm not the best at mental math but I'm pretty sure three triple whoppers is about 1.6 million calories."
Sounds about right.

#35 Posted by MattyFTM (14348 posts) -
MB said:
I've only just woken up and I'm tired, so when I read this, for some reason I read it as "I haven't got the best mental health".
#36 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -
Scooper said:
"oldschool said:
Hey, Nothing wrong with that. I made cheese and crisp sandwhiches. And cheese and strawberry jam.

oldschool said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH that's the most ridiculas thing I've ever heard. "
Scooper sumed up my thoughts on oldschools post exactly. I like me a good potato chip sandwhich though I usually go with BBQ flavor.  Personally my favorite sandwich dressing combo that everyone I know think is horrible but I love is Peanut Butter and Vegemite together on one glorious sandwich. Vegemite > Promite (the pretendar yeast extract spread).
#37 Posted by TwoLines (2789 posts) -

Nothing special I guess- just very little bread- and a gigantic amount of this weird onion processed cheese.. I remember it till this day.. the horror.. the horror..

#38 Posted by CoverlessTech (737 posts) -

Cold Cuts from subway. I don't care if you think they taste good, I worked at SubWay last summer and damn if I ever see one of those greasy disgusting pig hoofs and snoot sandwiches again. One dude ordered one and wanted nothing put black olives on the thing, and not a normal amount of black olives, pretty much a whole damn bag of black olives; dude was the greasiest most toothless bastard I had ever seen.

#39 Posted by Illmatic (1358 posts) -

I don't experiment that much with food but one sandwich I love is the McChicken from McDonald's. Of course, the downfall of this crack on a bun is that some restaurants in the chain put an excessive amount of mayo on it and if you forget to check your sandwich before biting into the center you're greeted by an explosion of mayo awfulness. Not only does it bring about horrendous images and sensations to the homophobes out there but it never fails to draw a gag reflex from me.

#40 Posted by Bigheart711 (1252 posts) -
@jakob187 said:
"Dried spaghetti with chocolate syrup and cheese on wheat. "

You have MY vote.
#41 Posted by Andrela (621 posts) -

Double decker steak sandwich. Didnt shit for a week after that.

#42 Posted by jakob187 (21644 posts) -

Wow, what a thread to get resurrected! 

To update, that KFC Skinwich was pretty bad. 

Five layers of KFC fried chicken skin, white American cheese, and bacon 
#43 Posted by one_2nd (2359 posts) -
@jakob187 said:
" Dried spaghetti with chocolate syrup and cheese on wheat. "
This. Also I've never had it, but Subway smells so bad. I will never eat there as long as I live. 
#44 Posted by Apathylad (3066 posts) -

This thread makes me want a PB&J. Not relevant, but I'm hungry.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.