Did Anybody Notice

#1 Posted by DonutFever (3551 posts) -

That all the coins are Canadian coins, and the bus is a TTC bus? I loved it.

#2 Posted by Gamer_152 (14078 posts) -

That's a nice touch. I like attention to detail in games.

#3 Posted by Dizzyhippos (1456 posts) -

Well the story does take place in Toronto.....

#4 Posted by DonutFever (3551 posts) -
@Dizzyhippos said:
" Well the story does take place in Toronto..... "
Ya, I'm not saying it's out of place or anything, I just wondered if other folks noticed.
#5 Posted by tallTuck94 (553 posts) -
@DonutFever: yeah it's the same in the books
lots of tiny details
#6 Posted by Donos (1195 posts) -

It seems odd to me that this is considered some special attention to detail. There's no magical rule that says video game currency must default to American dollars, or Euros for that matter. I live in Toronto and if I were going to make a game with currency and buses, it would take some level of conscious effort for me not to use canadian coinage and TTC buses, because those are what I know.

#7 Posted by gingertastic_10 (4141 posts) -
@tallTuck94 said:
" @DonutFever: yeah it's the same in the books lots of tiny details "
#8 Posted by Interfect (980 posts) -

Yes Caribou quarters FTW! Eh?

#9 Posted by DonutFever (3551 posts) -
@Donos said:
" It seems odd to me that this is considered some special attention to detail. There's no magical rule that says video game currency must default to American dollars, or Euros for that matter. I live in Toronto and if I were going to make a game with currency and buses, it would take some level of conscious effort for me not to use canadian coinage and TTC buses, because those are what I know. "
Most games money is not descriptive at all, like a coin just being a gold circle.
#10 Posted by DXmagma (317 posts) -

no wonder i couldn't buy anything, every knows canadian money is worthless.  at the end when the final boss exploded into 7,777,777 everyone there got like 7 bucks to share between them.

#11 Posted by DonutFever (3551 posts) -
@DXmagma said:
" no wonder i couldn't buy anything, every knows canadian money is worthless.  at the end when the final boss exploded into 7,777,777 everyone there got like 7 bucks to share between them. "
Canadian Money is worth more just based on the fact that there is a Caribou on it's quarter.
#12 Posted by DXmagma (317 posts) -
@DonutFever said:
" @DXmagma said:
" no wonder i couldn't buy anything, every knows canadian money is worthless.  at the end when the final boss exploded into 7,777,777 everyone there got like 7 bucks to share between them. "
Canadian Money is worth more just based on the fact that there is a Caribou on it's quarter. "
it's nice to know someone knows i was joking and came up with a great comedic response.
#13 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3704 posts) -
@Donos said:
" It seems odd to me that this is considered some special attention to detail. There's no magical rule that says video game currency must default to American dollars, or Euros for that matter. I live in Toronto and if I were going to make a game with currency and buses, it would take some level of conscious effort for me not to use canadian coinage and TTC buses, because those are what I know. "
The comic actually takes place in Canada, it wasn't just made there.
#14 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3704 posts) -
@DXmagma said:
" @DonutFever said:
" @DXmagma said:
Canadian Money is worth more just based on the fact that there is a Caribou on it's quarter. "
it's nice to know someone knows i was joking and came up with a great comedic response. "
Sarcasm is very hard to detect in a forum post. Also, when you don't capitalize the beginnings of your sentences or your I's it just looks like you're trolling.
#15 Posted by ChrisHill (62 posts) -

The movie was Frickn great too cuz it was directed by edgar wright which im sure is why it was awesome seeing as shaun of the dead was and hot fuzz. he is such a geek ahha

#16 Posted by Cheesetruncheon (24 posts) -

hope you don't intend to catch the train after the first boss....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.