Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 09, 2010

Beat up a lot of people to win the heart of your girlfriend in this retro-themed 2D side-scrolling beat-em-up based on the Scott Pilgrim series of graphic novels.

Did the ending bug anyone else?

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By C0V3RT

I guess this is more directed to those who read the books as well as played the game, but did anyone else get bothered by the ending of the game? 

I'm usually not one let cannon of video games and/or comics bother me.  I'm not going to spoil the ending of either but they're totally different. 

I get that a lot from the comics/graphic novels don't necessarily translate into a fun video game, and I'm cool with the creative liberty they took to make it more gamey.  But if I had played the game first - the ending was so ass backwards and uninspiring there is no chance I'd want to read the books which were actually pretty good and entertaining.

roborobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By roborobb

Isn't their multiple endings?

Hammerjelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Hammerjelly

I've actually only seen Scott's ending, but yes, it was a little bothersome. I was wondering if I needed to beat it on Hard to get a better ending, but its still the same.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheFreeMan

I've only seen Scott's ending, but I thought it was more of a funny callback to the stupid endings of old arcade beat em ups than anything else (start happy, then try to make an ominous twist: see Alien Vs. Predator).

Mysterysheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mysterysheep

It's meant to be humorous and in no way serious.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#6  Edited By wefwefasdf
    @Mysterysheep said:
    " It's meant to be humorous and in no way serious. "
    Yep. It didn't bother me because the story wasn't really there in the first place.
    Avatar image for gingertastic_10
    gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By gingertastic_10

Haven't beaten it yet. I enjoy the game, but it can't hold my attention for more then a few mins. When I die is basically when I stop.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By C0V3RT
    @Hammerjelly said:
    " I've actually only seen Scott's ending, but yes, it was a little bothersome. I was wondering if I needed to beat it on Hard to get a better ending, but its still the same. "
    I beat it on the hardest mode (for the achievement) and it was still the same. 

@SpikeSpiegel:  
    I get that the story's not there but the core of it is.  Just incase someone stumbles in here who doesn't want either spoiled (even tho it's obvious)... 

GuardianKnux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By GuardianKnux

The endings are different for each character.  Ramona has the "ture" ending.  

Also Kim has the most awesome ending lol

Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lilbigsupermario

I think the game was made to not spoil the ending especially for the ones who want to see the movie.  I haven't seen the movie but I've heard that it's not really too much different from the comic book version.  And I think the game was in production even before the final volume of Scott Pilgrim was released.  The endings to the game were there to just tease gamers and to try to be funny.  But the endings were still related to the comics lol!  And if you really want to know how it ends, of course you'll read the comics eventually since the game just ended in a weird cliffhanger and leaves you to have a "lolwut?" face hehe!

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#11  Edited By jacksukeru

The Scott Pilgrim movie had the same effect on me as the Watchmen movie, I just ended up reading the comic instead of watching it. 

I did download the demo for the game though, haven't played yet but might buy it if I enjoy it. Might even buy it if I don't.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tunaburn

the movie felt like it was trying way to hard. and when i watched the quicklook of the game i felt the same way. so i didnt even play it.

Teclo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Teclo
    Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By Dreamfall31

I believe that each character and combonation of characters have a different ending screen.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.