Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 09, 2010

Beat up a lot of people to win the heart of your girlfriend in this retro-themed 2D side-scrolling beat-em-up based on the Scott Pilgrim series of graphic novels.

First reviews are in and.....

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
    gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By gingertastic_10

They are pretty good. Joystiq called it "one of the best movie adaptations I have ever played" and IGN gave it a 8/10.  

Bryan Lee O' Malley, creator of the series, said it should be out in about five hours. I'm very stoked for this game, have been for awhile. Did you guys expect this game to receive positive reviews, so far, it's doing better then the movie :O

Interfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Interfect

I have no interest in the movie. But this game looks pretty cool.

Noodlearms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Noodlearms

I don't really know anything about it so I may check it out, but for the record the movie looked terrible.

Avatar image for deactivated-653d2db498d3a
    deactivated-653d2db498d3a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yeah the movie looked like Michael Cera being ... Michael Cera with a video-gamey twist. But the game however, has my attention.

gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gingertastic_10
    @Noodlearms: It's a 2D old school brawler. Everything from the design to the music is all arcade style, pixel awesomeness.
    Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Vonocourt

Looks like a fun beat'em-up that'll most likely ditch the relationship issues that really dragged down the comic for me.

Avatar image for atomic_tangerine
    Atomic_Tangerine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Atomic_Tangerine

Well, River City Ransom is a pretty cool game and this is the first attempt to copy it that I can remember.  If you are going to be derivitive, at least they picked something we haven't seen in 20 years.
    Avatar image for deactivated-633355e1dd700
    deactivated-633355e1dd700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks great, I dig beat em ups. Steam release?

gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gingertastic_10
    @hematurge: Nah. It's only for xbox and ps3. A PC version would be pretty cool though.
    SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By SteamPunkJin
    @Atomic_Tangerine said:

" Well, River City Ransom is a pretty cool game and this is the first attempt to copy it that I can remember.  If you are going to be derivitive, at least they picked something we haven't seen in 20 years. "

Castle Crasher was really the first to copy and update it, the opening credits even give a nod to it when Fulp and Paladin enter their names in classic RCR style. Not to mention the play style, upgrades and hidden shops.

Scott Pilgram The Game looks really really really ....... really great! But there's no on-line coop which is beyond disappointing. My friends and I grew up playing RCR together (even have the password for my character stashed somewhere in my desk) but we all moved around for work, add in that for once we could all play (instead of the two player RCR limit) and the lack of online becomes absolutely heartbreaking. Why you wouldn't have Online Coop for this kind of game in this day and age is baffling. Here's hoping for a patch of some kind.
    gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gingertastic_10
    @SteamPunkJin said:
    " @Atomic_Tangerine said:

" Well, River City Ransom is a pretty cool game and this is the first attempt to copy it that I can remember.  If you are going to be derivitive, at least they picked something we haven't seen in 20 years. "

Castle Crasher was really the first to copy and update it, the opening credits even give a nod to it when Fulp and Paladin enter their names in classic RCR style. Not to mention the play style, upgrades and hidden shops. Scott Pilgram The Game looks really really really ....... really great! But there's no on-line coop which is beyond disappointing. My friends and I grew up playing RCR together (even have the password for my character stashed somewhere in my desk) but we all moved around for work, add in that for once we could all play (instead of the two player RCR limit) and the lack of online becomes absolutely heartbreaking. Why you wouldn't have Online Coop for this kind of game in this day and age is baffling. Here's hoping for a patch of some kind. "
    I hope so too. High Velocity Bowling launched with no online multiplayer and it got a patch. Let's hope the same happens for Scott Pilgrim.
    jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#12  Edited By jacksukeru

Game "looks" cool at least, but I can live with waiting for the QuickLook and see how it plays before making any purchasing decisions.

gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By gingertastic_10
    @RockmanBionics: What if they never do a quick look of it? 
    jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By jonnyboy

The statement "One of the best games I've ever played" may arouse my interest, however "One of the best movie adaptions I've ever played", all I can say is so what? That's just like saying it's "Surprisingly not shit" not really a recommendation.

gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By gingertastic_10
    @jonnyboy: They gave it a 5/5, so it can't mean "shit" in the terms your speaking in. If they said that and gave it a 3/5 then that'd make sense. 
    jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#16  Edited By jacksukeru
    @gingertastic_10: I can't see that happening, it's not like it's the busy season or anything.
    Catarrhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Catarrhal
    @RockmanBionics: Well, there is a demo on PSN…
    zidane_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By zidane_24
    @gingertastic_10 said:
    " @RockmanBionics: What if they never do a quick look of it?  "

Put your minds at ease, QL is up now.
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

The gameplay of River City Ransom, the art style of Kings of Power 4 Billion Percent and the music of Anamanaguchi sound like a pretty awesome mix to me. I am interested in the game although at the same time slightly worrying about how long I could play it for without it getting boring.

Kouerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Kouerson

I might just buy it because of it being River City Ransom, but the whole thing screams of ehhhhh.

PK_Koopa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By PK_Koopa

Seems fun. If I can get 3 other people I'll buy it, otherwise I'll just wait for an offer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.