Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 09, 2010

Beat up a lot of people to win the heart of your girlfriend in this retro-themed 2D side-scrolling beat-em-up based on the Scott Pilgrim series of graphic novels.

I guess Giantbomb isn't reviewing this?

Hammerjelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Hammerjelly

Kind of disappointing that despite being released on PSN/XBLA weeks apart this game still hasn't gotten any kind of official GB review. Although the QL for this was pretty bullshit and Jeff didn't seem to really care about this game at all. Brad didn't even get to play, and it seemed like he wanted to. I'm sure the review would have been 2/3 stars, but I'm just surprised they didn't do it at all. Its not a long game!

I don't really care, I am having a great time w/ the game, its just curious that it got left out.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#2  Edited By wefwefasdf

Not to mention that the game is ridiculously fun. I figure the QL is good enough, they don't really need to review it.

SniperXan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SniperXan

The Quick look was surprisingly negative I really don't think I want a review. 

sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By sparklykiss
    @SpikeSpiegel said:
    " Not to mention that the game is ridiculously fun. I figure the QL is good enough, they don't really need to review it. "
    @SniperXan said:
    " The Quick look was surprisingly negative I really don't think I want a review.  "
    These statements pretty much sum it up. A few of the user reviews *cough* weren't so bad. I don't think I'd want to read a review by the staff after that super negative and biased QL.
    Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

They don't have to review every game they quicklook.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheFreeMan

The QL gave a pretty good indication of what a review probably would've been like, but then again, Quick Looks have been deceptive (the one for Darksiders definitely made the game seem like a 2 or 3 star review, but then it was given 4, for example).

I'm okay with no review. Most of the people who were interested have probably already made up their minds about the game anyways.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Ineedaname

Based on the comments it like you'd only want a review if it's favourable, so is there a point in them reviewing it, when it seems you'd instantly dismiss it.

Interfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Interfect
    @SethPhotopoulos said:
    " They don't have to review every game they quicklook. "
    Like Aero Racer. That QL definitely shows you what you want to know about the game. But yes you are right.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By napalm
    @Sparklykiss: Eh, I try not to be like that when it comes to different tastes. I don't wanna turn into one of those retards who saw the 3/5 for BlazBlue and then bitched at the 3/5 review for King Of Fighters XII. Jeff might not be too hot on it, but he doesn't seem to think it's bad, per se. Some of the stylistic choices and homages to older games might rub him the wrong way, but I don't think it'd be enough to give the game a negative score, y'know? If he wants to dislike it for those choice, that's his prerogative. I wouldn't agree with him, but then again, reviews aren't meant to be objective analysis of videogames. They are meant to opinions based on taste.
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By jkz
    @Ineedaname said:
    " Based on the comments it like you'd only want a review if it's favourable, so is there a point in them reviewing it, when it seems you'd instantly dismiss it. "
    This, a thousand times this.
    sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11  Edited By sparklykiss
    @Napalm: That's true. I guess I was just being a bit too butthurt for a game I really enjoyed. >.<;; I dunno, I just find it to be a bit annoying when I see an extreme bias for something being all thrown in my face. I tend to get a little wound up in my own fandom. If he had been showing a ton of love for that game and all the references, this thread wouldn't exist and a "I hate Scott Pilgrim, that game needs to die, it's for hipsters" thread would be here instead, I guess. 

I am the worst critic. :D
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Milkman
    @Hammerjelly said:
    "  Jeff didn't seem to really care about this game at all.
    That's why it didn't get reviewed.
    Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Damien

I always wonder why people who have already bought and played through a game want a review.  What's the payoff for you?

BunkerBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By BunkerBuster

The people that like Scott Pilgrim already have the game and the ones that don't never will. There's no need for a review for a game like this.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

whatever happend to the giantbomb that would give us good video reviews and such, Its like much of the video content on the side has went towards stupid crap instead of indepth reviews and such...

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PeasantAbuse
    @WilliamRLBaker said:
    "whatever happend to the giantbomb that would give us good video reviews and such, Its like much of the video content on the side has went towards stupid crap instead of indepth reviews and such... "

What kind of person would want to watch an indepth video review of Scott Pilgrim?
    Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Cincaid

I can understand that you want to see a GB review of a game you obviously enjoy. But I have to also ask you; why? You already have it, and you already seem satisfied by buying it. So what would a GB review give you? Either a pat on the shoulder saying "yes, you bought the right thing", or a slap on the face saying "bad man, you spent money on a bad product". And obviously a negative review would just make you angry and probably write more dumb threads than this.

Sorry, don't mean to come off as a jerk, I just don't understand why people so desperatly want to see reviews of games, especially on those they already have and personally enjoy.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NTM

Eh. Yeah, this was a good/great game, but I don't mind the fact there's no review. It would have been nice to see a five star review for Red Dead Redemption though. That may very well be my favorite game of the year so far. The only reason I don't like the fact there was no review was because, how would it factor in to game of the year? I'm not saying it should win since the year isn't over, but still. As for Scott Pilgrim, that's probably my favorite PSN game of the year.
    Hammerjelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Hammerjelly
    @Damien said:
    " I always wonder why people who have already bought and played through a game want a review.  What's the payoff for you? "
    Its not that I want a review, I just thought the game was big enough to warrant one. Just surprised that it didn't get reviewed. I don't care either way, as I enjoyed it quite a bit.
    Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By Animasta
    @WilliamRLBaker said:
    " whatever happend to the giantbomb that would give us good video reviews and such, Its like much of the video content on the side has went towards stupid crap instead of indepth reviews and such... "
    yes because other M didn't have a video review, or kane and lynch 2...
    alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#21  Edited By alistercat
    @Hammerjelly said:
    Its not that I want a review, I just thought the game was big enough to warrant one. Just surprised that it didn't get reviewed. I don't care either way, as I enjoyed it quite a bit. "
    They didn't review Red Dead Redemption, and that's the biggest game this year. They seem to pick and choose what they review, and they just didn't want to or didn't have time. Not really to do with whether or not it's big.
    Nasos100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Nasos100

nope

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#23  Edited By Chummy8

I'm still waiting for a Risen review or at least a quicklook. 

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#24  Edited By Vinny_Says
    @Hammerjelly said:
    " Kind of disappointing that despite being released on PSN/XBLA weeks apart this game still hasn't gotten any kind of official GB review. Although the QL for this was pretty bullshit and Jeff didn't seem to really care about this game at all. Brad didn't even get to play, and it seemed like he wanted to. I'm sure the review would have been 2/3 stars, but I'm just surprised they didn't do it at all. Its not a long game!  I don't really care, I am having a great time w/ the game, its just curious that it got left out. "
    wait what do you need a review for if you already made the purchasing decision. I guess they didn't review it cause nobody from the crew cared enough about it
    damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#25  Edited By damswedon
    Avatar image for gingertastic_10
    gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#26  Edited By gingertastic_10

They didn't review Red Dead. I can see why they wouldn't review this. The fact that they didn't seem interested at all in it would be the reason I think.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#27  Edited By EpicSteve

Here's your review:

"You run to the right and fight dudes. The game encapsulates the personality of the franchise, so it delivers the Scott Pilgrim-style of humor and character fans would expect. Oh, and it's fucking hard to play by yourself, bring a friend".

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@Damien: Having their opinion qualified? People don't seem to believe that their own impression is simply enough, they need the "critics" to back them up.
    TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheFreeMan
    @EpicSteve said:
    " Here's your review:  "You run to the right and fight dudes. The game encapsulates the personality of the franchise, so it delivers the Scott Pilgrim-style of humor and character fans would expect. Oh, and it's fucking hard to play by yourself, bring a friend". "
    Hahahaha, bravo sir.
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By NekuSakuraba

I did not like the game one bit but if they reviewed it and gave it a negative score people would go crazy.

Wraxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Wraxend

Man if you like this game why do you need somebody elses opinion, yours is the only one that matters.
    Noodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Noodles
    @Wraxend said:

" Man if you like this game why do you need somebody elses opinion, yours is the only one that matters. "

Pretty much this. None of the staff seems to have any interest in the Scott Pilgrim universe to begin with, so (judging from the quicklook) they would miss why the game is so great. I would much rather have GB pick and choose what to review based on their interest in the games rather than how 'big' the game is.
    Hammerjelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Hammerjelly
    @Hammerjelly said:
    " @Damien said:
    " I always wonder why people who have already bought and played through a game want a review.  What's the payoff for you? "
    Its not that I want a review, I just thought the game was big enough to warrant one. Just surprised that it didn't get reviewed. I don't care either way, as I enjoyed it quite a bit. "
    I don't need my purchase justified by the staff of GB, I just thought it was weird they didn't bother to review it.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#34  Edited By Yummylee

You'll get used to it.

TheDevler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TheDevler
    @Damien:  To get the word out there for more people to see i would imagine.....
    Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Dreamfall31

They didnt seem to be too fond of it.  It kinda came off as they saw it as ripping all of those classic games rather than paying homage to them.  I had a blast playing it and plan on playing it again and again!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.