Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 09, 2010

Beat up a lot of people to win the heart of your girlfriend in this retro-themed 2D side-scrolling beat-em-up based on the Scott Pilgrim series of graphic novels.

Is everyone using the same strategy as me?

CraigAA1028

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By CraigAA1028

When I start with a new character, I grind up to $130. Then I buy a Bionic Arm from the secret shop in the frist level, which raises strength by 50. Then I grind money to pay off Scott's late fee's. Then I fully upgrade my character. Takes some time, but it's faster than doing it normally.  

Anyone else doing something different?

Goldanas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Goldanas

I just go straight for the late fees.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#3  Edited By alistercat

Surely it takes more time to grind for the late fees than to actually finish the game.

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

I haven't tried it, but apparently there's an exploit where you can load up in co op with the second player on a guest account and transfer money to another character in the shop (press circle). When you save it remembers your main account got money but forgets your guest gave it away. So you could just do that once you get a lot of money and skip most of the grind...

Ursus_Veritas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Ursus_Veritas

I do this too! I always think trying to go straight to the late fees might be worth it, but getting the Bionic arm makes the grinding process just go a hell of a lot faster. I tend to get up to Level 4 and then just grind 1-3 till I get enough coins to pay off the late fees and fully boost my stats, too. 

Gotta finish my Kim runthrough today, then I can start a Ramona one and unlock NegaScott. God, I love this game =D

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Shadow

With a new character, I just bought CDs as I got money.  It's by far the fastest way to level up your character and make progress in the game at the same time.

Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lilbigsupermario
    @SuperfluousMoniker said:
    " I haven't tried it, but apparently there's an exploit where you can load up in co op with the second player on a guest account and transfer money to another character in the shop (press circle). When you save it remembers your main account got money but forgets your guest gave it away. So you could just do that once you get a lot of money and skip most of the grind... "
    just be careful with this transfer money cheat when you're playing the game with multiple profiles. sometimes it messes up the other profile and it gets overwritten. that's what happened to me and my sister's profiles in the PS3 version. i joined her game with my profile then afterwards, we wanted to try the money cheat with the guest account. afterwards, when i went back to my profile, my save profile was overwritten by hers so my leveled up Ramona and Stills were gone and was replaced by my sister's characters' levels. 

i've checked this out in some forums, and it did happen to others as well. i don't know what causes the profile glitch, but just be warned. it was like bad karma for cheating the game lol!
    MushroomSamba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By MushroomSamba
    @AlisterCat said:
    " Surely it takes more time to grind for the late fees than to actually finish the game. "
    That was my thinking, too. I usually just go as far as I can go, then buy whatever I can from Wallace's Secret Shop. It'd probably be a different story on hard though.
    TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By TheFreeMan

My brother's and I pooled our cash together to pay off Scott's fees faster and got maxed pretty quick. We only really had to grind for the Todd battle, everything past, while occasionally challenging, wasn't impossible.

dr_pineapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By dr_pineapple

I use the strategy of not buying the game.

Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Lemoncookie01

i just ate the 8 dollar sushi for +1 to all stats.it takes awhile but eh it works (for me).

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By napalm

I paid off the fees and sunk my teeth into the cheap 1ups, while constantly buying the videos they had available.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#13  Edited By Hailinel

I actually never tried to pay off the late fees on my first go through.  I spent my money on food and clothing items as I went along, and didn't start buying CDs and games until I had reached about stage 5 or 6.  Over time, some of my stats were just insane, but my strength score tended to suffer and I never bought any extra lives.  I fought through the last section of stage 7 by the skin of my teeth.

Hammerjelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hammerjelly

I've been going for the bionic arm first too. Then I just grind and go back to wallace's shop for the final fantasy and sonic upgrades until i'm at 100%. Maybe not entirely cost effective, but the late fees feels like a lot to do all at once. I like to get upgrades asap.

JoshGibson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JoshGibson

This Game is Sweet

Teclo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Teclo

I thought you meant the fighting strategy where you knock someone down, pick them up, throw them, light dash attack them as they're down and then quickly pick them up again before repeating until they flicker away.

Vrikk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Vrikk
    @dr_pineapple: How about posting something productive instead of being an ass?
    dr_pineapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dr_pineapple
    @Vrikk: Maybe later.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.