Jesus Christ this is totally River City Ransom

#1 Edited by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

This is so fucking great, I've wanted a new River City Ransom for fucking ever. 

And it has four player co-op, so fuck me. This may just be the greatest thing ever. 

I mean it has the hidden shops, you kill people and coins come out, awesome combos, there are environmental hazards and shit, and it is probably going to be pretty damn funny considering the source material. Then again I suppose that River City Ransom wasn't so much funny as it was extremely goofy, but then again it really doesn't matter. If that weren't enough though it's also got some seriously fucking gorgeous graphics and they've got what could only be the best band ever for this game, Anamanaguchi. Not to mention what looks like a much more varied gameplay experience overall.

Man, this game is just fucking awesome. Fuck.

#2 Edited by SteamPunkJin (1286 posts) -

Well I was on the fence before this. Now I'm sold. Hurry up and get on XBLA!

#3 Posted by Dr_VonBoogie (348 posts) -

This game reminds me of Castle Crashers for some reason, at least the way the characters use their special abilities. Question, does this game has online co-op? I heard it was offline only, and I really hope that's not true.

#4 Posted by Rockanomics (1150 posts) -

Ok, real question. Do people BARF? If not, NO. SALE.

#5 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -
@Rockanomics: There is a chapter in the comic that basically IS River City Ransom and it has dudes what say BARF. 

So my guess is yes.
#6 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

It sort of looks like that old simpson arcade game. 

#7 Posted by BadNews (490 posts) -

Yeah Still gonna buy it but I'm gonna be playing solo because of no online co-op D:

How could they leave out the online?! This could have been my GoTY...

#8 Posted by buzz_clik (6837 posts) -
#9 Posted by Hamst3r (4342 posts) -
#10 Posted by buzz_clik (6837 posts) -
@Hamst3r: Yeah, I know... I was being a little facetious there. ;) It makes my heart hammer with jingoistic pride that Paul Robertson's an Australian, too. Christ, he makes some rad shit.

However, I'd not seen that animation you'd linked to, so cheers for that!
#11 Posted by TwoLines (2762 posts) -
@Hamst3r said:
" @buzz_clik said:
" It also looks just like Pirate Baby's Cabana Battle Street Fight 2006. Except, y'know, it's a real game. "
The art is drawn by the same guy. :D

Here's some probably-NSFW craziness from him: Kings of Power 4 Billion %. "
Yep, I saw that a while back, and said "It just HAS to be made into a video game."
Oddly enough (or not oddly at all) someone thought the same thing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.