My Experiences with the Scott Pilgrim game.

Posted by Nemesis274 (30 posts) -

Just to make it clear: I have not yet seen the movie nor the graphic novels since there are not available where I am from. When I took a look at the game that was available on the Playstation Network at the time, I was kinda curious as to what is it about the game that some of my online friends on Skype talked about. So,  I took a look over a trailer, then the Quick Look that was shown recently, then I went to the mall, purchased a 10 dollar PSN card, went home, entered the code and downloaded the game. And all I can say is, I was fucking blown away by how amazing the game is. And for 10 dollars, no less.  

When I first tried out the game, I really was amused by how many homages they made from the old games back then like Super Mario Brothers 3, Mega Man, heck even Street Fighter when I fought Patel (the first boss). And from the normal difficulty, I was pleased at how challenging the game is. Though, being the noob at the game, I forgot that the game had some RPG elements added to it, and the fact that I need to purchase some items to increase my chance of victory. But never did I realize at the time that the stores where within the level itself. I don't think I recall a beat em up that had such a feature before other than River City Ransom on the NES. 

By the time you read this blog, I am already at the second level. I might be kinda slow since I got lots of stuff to do at the time, but when I do finish the game, I will definitely give it the review that it deserves. :) 

Thanks so much for reading. 

Nemesis 

Oh, and the movie better make it to the Philippines, one way or another. I am really interested as to how the movie fares out. 

#1 Posted by Nemesis274 (30 posts) -

Just to make it clear: I have not yet seen the movie nor the graphic novels since there are not available where I am from. When I took a look at the game that was available on the Playstation Network at the time, I was kinda curious as to what is it about the game that some of my online friends on Skype talked about. So,  I took a look over a trailer, then the Quick Look that was shown recently, then I went to the mall, purchased a 10 dollar PSN card, went home, entered the code and downloaded the game. And all I can say is, I was fucking blown away by how amazing the game is. And for 10 dollars, no less.  

When I first tried out the game, I really was amused by how many homages they made from the old games back then like Super Mario Brothers 3, Mega Man, heck even Street Fighter when I fought Patel (the first boss). And from the normal difficulty, I was pleased at how challenging the game is. Though, being the noob at the game, I forgot that the game had some RPG elements added to it, and the fact that I need to purchase some items to increase my chance of victory. But never did I realize at the time that the stores where within the level itself. I don't think I recall a beat em up that had such a feature before other than River City Ransom on the NES. 

By the time you read this blog, I am already at the second level. I might be kinda slow since I got lots of stuff to do at the time, but when I do finish the game, I will definitely give it the review that it deserves. :) 

Thanks so much for reading. 

Nemesis 

Oh, and the movie better make it to the Philippines, one way or another. I am really interested as to how the movie fares out. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.