Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 09, 2010

Beat up a lot of people to win the heart of your girlfriend in this retro-themed 2D side-scrolling beat-em-up based on the Scott Pilgrim series of graphic novels.

Ramona Flowers purse

Parabole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By Parabole

I didn't know that if you held the triangle button down for a few seconds it produces items. More Secrets?

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
    gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By gingertastic_10

Hmm. Looks like I need to play as some other players. I've only played as Scott.

Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By lilbigsupermario
    @Parabole said:
    " I didn't know that if you held the triangle button down for a few seconds it produces items. More Secrets? "
    really? wow! cool, I'll try that next time i play the game :)
    Interfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Interfect

Is that a reference to something?

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By LordXavierBritish
    @Interfect: In the comic her purse is a gateway to Subspace, which basically means it is infinite. 

So that.
    Interfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Interfect
    @LordXavierBritish:  

Hold the fucking phone! Your telling me in the comics her purse contains space inside of it? Ohhh dang. Now I'm going to have to read them. 

Actually to be honest that is kind of amazing to me.
    myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By myke_tuna

First, to make this post on topic, I'm not sure how, but I heard Kim Pine can do something similar and make stuff appear, too. That's what my buddy said anyway and since I don't have the game, I can't verify myself.

Anyway, on the topic of Ramona, what is her "outro" referencing? I know the others, but not hers. She just gets into her bag.

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8  Edited By aurahack
    @myketuna: It's killing me inside that I know what that is. It's on the tip of my tongue. God dammit. :(
    Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Daveyo520
    @aurahack:@myketuna:  is it Felix the cat? I need to see her outro.

It can hold pretty much infinite things so. It is like Link's pocket.
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lilbigsupermario
    @myketuna said:
    " First, to make this post on topic, I'm not sure how, but I heard Kim Pine can do something similar and make stuff appear, too. That's what my buddy said anyway and since I don't have the game, I can't verify myself. Anyway, on the topic of Ramona, what is her "outro" referencing? I know the others, but not hers. She just gets into her bag. "
    I'm not sure about Kim Pine making stuff appear.  After I saw this thread, I tried holding the triangle button for Ramona and wow, stuff did appear! lol! But per item takes some gut points or heart points.  I also tried for the other characters, but nothing happens, so I guess only Ramona can do the trick.

About Ramona's outro, I don't think it's a reference to a specific 8-bit game similar to Scott's megaman outro or Stills' mario pipe outro.  (What is Kim Pine's outro?)  Ramona's purse is a subspace, that's why she can pull out lots of stuff from inside, like an infinite space.  Have you read the Scott Pilgrim comics?  It explains there about that purse.  I haven't watched the movie so I'm not sure if it explains it as well lol!  So I guess it's more of reference to the actual comics hehe!
    Vamino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Vamino
    @lilbigsupermario said:
     (What is Kim Pine's outro?)   
    Kim's outro is Kirby.
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lilbigsupermario
    @Vamino said:
    " @lilbigsupermario said:
     (What is Kim Pine's outro?)   
    Kim's outro is Kirby. "
    Oh yeah!  That's the one where she rides a big yellow star right?
    Vamino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Vamino
    @lilbigsupermario: Yep, that's the one.
    Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

I don't think any other characters have stuff like this because the move in question is actually specifically mentioned if you look at the command list as Romona. No one else has a similar input.

I have been trying to get the party taunt attack to work though, with no luck. According to the in game manual, if multiple players taunt at the same time they will perform a rock out attack that clears the screen. I've never been able to perform it, but I've only played with one other person, so maybe you need all four. Has anyone been able to do this trick?

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By myke_tuna
    @lilbigsupermario:  As others have told you, Kim's is Kirby. And yeah, I read the comics. I guess you're right about it referencing those rather than another classic video game. Oh well. That's cool too, I guess.
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By lilbigsupermario
    @SuperfluousMoniker said:
    " I don't think any other characters have stuff like this because the move in question is actually specifically mentioned if you look at the command list as Romona. No one else has a similar input.  I have been trying to get the party taunt attack to work though, with no luck. According to the in game manual, if multiple players taunt at the same time they will perform a rock out attack that clears the screen. I've never been able to perform it, but I've only played with one other person, so maybe you need all four. Has anyone been able to do this trick? "
    I play the game co-op with my sister and we tried the simultaneous taunt thing and it doesn't need 4 people to do it the same time.  We just tried taunting at the same time and both characters rocked as a band with a big white monster at the back munching whatever.  The monster looks like Sasquatch from Darkstalkers lol!  I think you just need to make sure both of you have gut points to call the special band attack :)
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lilbigsupermario
    @myketuna said:
    " @lilbigsupermario:  As others have told you, Kim's is Kirby. And yeah, I read the comics. I guess you're right about it referencing those rather than another classic video game. Oh well. That's cool too, I guess. "
    Yeah, but it would be cooler if Ramona had a video-game outro.  The Kirby star would rightly fit Ramona since her purse already has that yellow star lol!  Then Kim Pine can have like a Metroid or Ice Climber outro lol!
    Enigmatical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By Enigmatical
    @Interfect: SUBspace.  

Ya know... the space below space.  Far, far cooler.
    mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By mesoian

Isn't Ramona's from a boy and his blob?

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#20  Edited By wefwefasdf

Whoa. I'll have to go try that when I get the the other couple achievements I have been missing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.