Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 09, 2010

Beat up a lot of people to win the heart of your girlfriend in this retro-themed 2D side-scrolling beat-em-up based on the Scott Pilgrim series of graphic novels.

Scott Pilgrim 50% off this week only(XBLA)

Boogey131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Boogey131

So the games 400 MS points this week, I just added 500 points and clicked on the promo on Xbox(UK) Spotlight, then the download screen tells me it's 800 points still, am I doing it wrong? :-/

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Boogey131 said:
    " So the games 400 MS points this week, I just added 500 points and clicked on the promo on Xbox(UK) Spotlight, then the download screen tells me it's 800 points still, am I doing it wrong? :-/ "
    Most likely a bug that they will fix... something that seems to happen a lot with MS promos. 
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Its likely a bug it happens sometimes...and wait you added 500 points? why not just the straight 400? *or does it work different in the UK?*

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mylifeforAiur
    @WilliamRLBaker said:
    " Its likely a bug it happens sometimes...and wait you added 500 points? why not just the straight 400? *or does it work different in the UK?* "
    I know that in Australia the minimum is 500 points, I believe the American minimum is 100?
    vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By vitor
    @WilliamRLBaker said:
    " Its likely a bug it happens sometimes...and wait you added 500 points? why not just the straight 400? *or does it work different in the UK?* "
    That. Here you still buy in 500 point increments. Annoying to the max. 

Also, why won't this game come out on Steam? I'm not going to be near my xbox for the next year... If Shank and Braid made the transition...
    Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By Tordah

Cool, picked it up!

Boogey131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Boogey131

Mystery solved, I forgot these deals of the week were for Gold members only, I've only got silver right now. Shame, was looking forward to playing the game.

I find it ridiculous though that we're still dealing with Microsoft's own brand of currency. If they offered to just sell games for valid currency, with no points system, then I wouldn't have just wasted the 4-5 bucks, I wouldn't mind if I could just add another 400 points and even it out to buy the game at full price, but even though it adds up to pennies, I don't want to have the 100 leftover points.  Bah, I understand it was MY mistake that led to all of this but it's a frustrating system that has no benefit to the user.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    @mylifeforAiur said:
    " @WilliamRLBaker said:
    I know that in Australia the minimum is 500 points, I believe the American minimum is 100? "
    in america the minimum is 400.
    Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#9  Edited By Forcen

Just got it.
    What difficulty should i be playing on? Does it matter if i pick the easiest? Will i get the achievements?

Bobdaman18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Bobdaman18
    @Forcen:
    I picked medium and i'm still getting all the achievments.  You can just keep hitting continue when you run out of lives and you get to keep your progress on the map and your level plus stats so it doesn't really matter too much.
    Avatar image for krayus_korianis
    Krayus_Korianis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Krayus_Korianis

Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game goes on sale in the US on November 8th for 50% off at 400 MSP.

Just to let people know about when it'll be available in the US lol.

redbliss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By redbliss

Speaking of xbla sales, does anyone know when super meat boy is supposed to go on sale this month?

Avatar image for krayus_korianis
    Krayus_Korianis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Krayus_Korianis

@redbliss: Don't know, Major Nelson hasn't commented on anything past the 8th.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.