Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - the epic movie trailer of epicness

#1 Edited by REDRUN (1410 posts) -

Dude this movie is going to be awesome, plus the game which is coming out for this based on the graphic novel is pure win. This is the movie based on a graphic novel made into a video game.

#2 Posted by pakx (922 posts) -

big fan of the comics books, i hope Michael Cera doesn't ruin it.

#3 Posted by Dirty_Harry (717 posts) -

No, but that sure is a nice Rick.

#4 Posted by Jeffsekai (7026 posts) -

No idea what this is.

#5 Posted by pakx (922 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
" No idea what this is. "
... then why the hell would you post? or look in this thread? what?!
#6 Posted by Jeffsekai (7026 posts) -
@pakx said:
" @Jeffsekai said:
... then why the hell would you post? or look in this thread? what?! "
Everyone seems to know exactly what this is, I've never heard of it or the comics.

I posted so maybe someone would fill me in, I looked in this thread to watch a trailer that was discribed as "epic"

You're a retard.
#7 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

Ugh. "Epic" is the most over used word on the internet. Its lost all meaning.

#8 Posted by Evilsbane (4531 posts) -

Hopefully this ends up being good, but since Superbad pretty much everything Cera has been in has been garbage due to his inability to play a different character maybe this will prove me wrong but looks like more Cera.

Don't get me wrong he is good, but just like Seth he is doing the same thing 5-7 times in a row and it got old.

#9 Edited by REDRUN (1410 posts) -
@MysteriousBob:  the word "epic" in this particular title is pure satire.

@Jeffsekai: The reason I am so hyped about this movie because it has a bunch of 8-bit references in this movie that the inner gamer in me is in glee. Its worth checking out either form, if you are that comic guy or just want to enjoy an edge of your seat laugh out loud action comedy unspoiled. Check out the official site, hope it helps explain. 

http://www.scottpilgrimthemovie.com/

#10 Posted by RJPelonia (853 posts) -

Yes! I cannot wait!

#11 Edited by pakx (922 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:

" @pakx said:

" @Jeffsekai said:

... then why the hell would you post? or look in this thread? what?! "
Everyone seems to know exactly what this is, I've never heard of it or the comics.  I posted so maybe someone would fill me in, I looked in this thread to watch a trailer that was discribed as "epic"  You're a retard. "

@REDRUN

said:

This is the movie based on a graphic novel made into a video game.

@Jeffsekai:
#12 Posted by Atomasist (2818 posts) -

Never heard of the comic book, but maybe I'll check it out now.

#13 Edited by nick_verissimo (1380 posts) -
@pakx said:

" big fan of the comics books, i hope Michael Cera doesn't ruin it. "

Same, but he didn't ruin Youth in Revolt and that's a book I hold pretty close to my heart.  So I expect him to make it work. 
AND it's directed by Edgar Wright, dude doesn't make shitty movies.
#14 Posted by MikkaQ (10268 posts) -

Haha they shot that in my neighbourhood. They threw up fake snow EVERYWHERE, it was nuts, though I was glad to see that they shot the movie (which takes place in Toronto) in Toronto.

#15 Posted by SpartanGuy (48 posts) -

Well I've never heard of this but I wish I had.
And now I want to see a movie starring Michael Fuckin' Cera, what is wrong with me?

#16 Posted by REDRUN (1410 posts) -
@XII_Sniper:  Looks like a lot of films have been coming out of Canada lately.
#17 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -
@MysteriousBob said:
" Ugh. "Epic" is the most over used word on the internet. Its lost all meaning. "
and in real life. 

micheal cera = no
#18 Posted by misplacedcircus (56 posts) -

Love this, but not Hot Fuzz (except the beginning "interview"). Hope for the best.

#19 Posted by TheHT (10880 posts) -

lmao fuckin alpha 3 announcer.

looks really wierd, i'm down.

#20 Posted by cjmhockey (244 posts) -

The movie looks awesome.  Looks like it stays true to the style of the books, hopefully it is just as good as them.

Also, I can't wait till the 6th book.

#21 Posted by MikkaQ (10268 posts) -
@REDRUN said:
" @XII_Sniper:  Looks like a lot of films have been coming out of Canada lately. "
Well... they've always been made there, it's just nice to see a big hollywood film with a local Toronto setting actually being authentic about it. That is rare.
#22 Posted by Slax (894 posts) -

Dude, thanks for posting the trailer!

#23 Posted by NintenDood (366 posts) -

Ehh, it looks great, but Michael Cera..... >_>

#24 Posted by Sarnecki (690 posts) -

Why do people hate Micheal Cera because he plays the same kind of dude over and over?  I hate to break it to you, but actors find the things they're best at and exploit.  ALL actors.

I think this looks amazing.  Edgar 3 for 3.

#25 Posted by Agent_Eli (136 posts) -

As people can probably tell from my avatar, I've been waiting for this for a very long time!

#26 Posted by Chaser324 (6325 posts) -

I've been anticipating the hell out of this movie ever since Edgar Wright was brought on board to direct, and it looks like it won't disappoint. 

With Scott Pilgrim Vol. 6 coming out in July, this movie in August, and the game coming out sometime around there, it looks like this will be the summer of Scott.

#27 Posted by tranquilchaos (573 posts) -

Scott Pilgrim is a great series and this movie looks phenomenal. 

#28 Posted by Scyllz (80 posts) -

Michael Cera can't be Scott Pilgrim. He doesn't have a chin or a pair of balls.

#29 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

Scott Pilgrim is possibly the greatest comic book ever created and I am very nervous/anticipating about this movie. Michael Cera is not who I would have chosen to play Scott, but this is directed by Edgar fucking Wright, and that man has made two of my favourite movies (Shaun of The Dead and Hot Fuzz). I love all the game references (the Metroid one was fucking awesome), so I imagine that this is going to be a very niche film.

#30 Posted by LackLuster (713 posts) -

I think Michael Cera can pull this off it will be nice to see him in a role he isn't typecast for.

#31 Posted by GunstarRed (5025 posts) -

Not convinced Cera is Scott... I will have to see more. 

best SP image ever is in the intro for the fourth book (which is the best of them released so far) 

#32 Edited by I_smell (3925 posts) -

It's a movie. About a comic. About video games!
I love this doofy Megaman plot.

#33 Posted by drowsap (679 posts) -

sweet a movie where  Michael Cera gets his ass beat 7 times cant wait lol

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.