Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 09, 2010

Beat up a lot of people to win the heart of your girlfriend in this retro-themed 2D side-scrolling beat-em-up based on the Scott Pilgrim series of graphic novels.

Soundtrack Review: Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World: The Game

Avatar image for deactivated-629f1f5a477d3
    deactivated-629f1f5a477d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Music To Collect Coins To

No Caption Provided

Can we make it official? After the deluge of Scott Pilgrim soundtracks, I think it's safe to call 8-Bit video game music an actual instrument. What's more is that the film and especially its music, revels in it, from the Universal theme, to remixes. It's everywhere. All of this is of course personified in this video game soundtrack with is rife with the music. Composed by Anamanaguchi is 46 minutes of nothing but pure 80s video game throwback music. 8-Bit music with added rock guitars for pure musical value. Only problem is that it's kind of a gimmick. And a very long one at that.

Essentially, for me at least, the joke wears off, much like its songs do, after 10 minutes. Then it's like, okay, this was nice and creative, oh wait, we have 35 more minutes? Oh bother... Maybe it's that it just works better for me in short bursts, but it all starts blending together in some nerdy mish-mash that becomes one. If you grew up on the stuff, then you'll probably love and cherish this soundtrack. For the rest of us, or at least me, it's just a little bit much. Another problem is the songs themselves, or specifically, their length and how they go out. Most of the time, you're just listening to the song, and then it fades away, signaling that that's all the song there is, then it just gets repeated for the purposes of the level. It's kind of awkward. And considering it happens some 24 times, it's also kind of annoying.

Overall, as an EP, I would probably cherish this. As/is however, it's just a bit... Much. Some will love it, others will hate it, some will like it, but wish they could have loved it. I fall into the latter category, but it's still well worth a listen for its originality. 

3/5 Stars
    Avatar image for deactivated-629f1f5a477d3
    deactivated-629f1f5a477d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Music To Collect Coins To

No Caption Provided

Can we make it official? After the deluge of Scott Pilgrim soundtracks, I think it's safe to call 8-Bit video game music an actual instrument. What's more is that the film and especially its music, revels in it, from the Universal theme, to remixes. It's everywhere. All of this is of course personified in this video game soundtrack with is rife with the music. Composed by Anamanaguchi is 46 minutes of nothing but pure 80s video game throwback music. 8-Bit music with added rock guitars for pure musical value. Only problem is that it's kind of a gimmick. And a very long one at that.

Essentially, for me at least, the joke wears off, much like its songs do, after 10 minutes. Then it's like, okay, this was nice and creative, oh wait, we have 35 more minutes? Oh bother... Maybe it's that it just works better for me in short bursts, but it all starts blending together in some nerdy mish-mash that becomes one. If you grew up on the stuff, then you'll probably love and cherish this soundtrack. For the rest of us, or at least me, it's just a little bit much. Another problem is the songs themselves, or specifically, their length and how they go out. Most of the time, you're just listening to the song, and then it fades away, signaling that that's all the song there is, then it just gets repeated for the purposes of the level. It's kind of awkward. And considering it happens some 24 times, it's also kind of annoying.

Overall, as an EP, I would probably cherish this. As/is however, it's just a bit... Much. Some will love it, others will hate it, some will like it, but wish they could have loved it. I fall into the latter category, but it's still well worth a listen for its originality. 

3/5 Stars

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.