Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 09, 2010

Beat up a lot of people to win the heart of your girlfriend in this retro-themed 2D side-scrolling beat-em-up based on the Scott Pilgrim series of graphic novels.

This game saves to the Cloud!

NickLott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By NickLott

I was over at a friends place the other other day and we got to talking about the film and subsequently the game at which point I decided to recover my gamertag over Live from his 360 and download the full SPvTW game so we could try out coop. Upon booting it up I was really shocked to see it recognized my level 6 Scott as well as my progress through the game. We played for a an hour or so with my character leveling up and getting further in the game before stopping. I booted up the game today from home and sure enough my progress from the other night was represented.  

Despite not having online coop, I'm very impressed with the developers for having this forward moving feature. If i can make thousands of spam email accounts on Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc, all having several GBs of storage space, I don't see why the platform holders couldn't easily implement a cloud memory card for game saves. Especially considering the jacked up price of Live now. 

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By EpicSteve

Welcome to 2010. These should be expected features soon.

applet0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By applet0n
    @EpicSteve: Still, pretty impressive for what some (Myself not included) would view as little more than a arcade movie tie-in.
    Teclo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Teclo

Oh, I actually assumed that when you recover your profile to another console, it would always bring the saves with it. Why else would you want to take your profile over like that? Eitherway, if it's not a common thing then yeah, it's good to see this game has it. They seem to have put a lot of effort and care into it, playtesting aside.

Evercaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Evercaptor

I thought all arcade games did this, because they could guarentee an internet connection. Castle crashers was the first one I noticed this with.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.