What type of music would you like to see?

#1 Edited by Vigorousjammer (2472 posts) -

Since this game is being published by Activision, I'm guessing that it's that DJ Hero game everybody was talking about just a few months back.

Anyway, what kind of music would you guys all like to see?

personally, I'm hoping for some Benny Benassi, Electric Six, Enigma, Mixmaster Mike, Beastie Boys, and maybe some Gorillaz, too...

also, it'd be cool if they had some hard-rock tracks to mix in with all of the techno stuff...
I'm also guessing they're gonna have some rap and hip-hop... and all I can say for that is that I hope they stay away from crunk...
oh man, crunk is horrible.

#2 Edited by Champy (533 posts) -

i don't even want to see this game.

but if i really wanted a plastic turntable to throw next to my other plastic instruments i think id want..
lmfao

(thats an actual band)

actually, this could be a really funny, fun game, theres not enough information for me to get too skeptic, but im a little tired of these rythem games.
and an ingame screenshot i saw looked exsactly like giutar hero, (green, red, yellow ect.) MAYBE I DONT WANT DIS!!
#3 Posted by Renegade_v2 (128 posts) -

THIS KIND

#4 Posted by Vigorousjammer (2472 posts) -

Lol, what did I just watch? seriously.  I have no idea, lol.

#5 Posted by Phished0ne (2477 posts) -

I would like to see some songs in this that are done by actual turtableist groups like the X-Ecutioners

#6 Posted by Vigorousjammer (2472 posts) -

X-Ecutioners would be cool.
Actually, that's probobly more likely...
I was hoping for a game with a bunch of different songs, and we could do mash-ups of them, but it'll probobly be turntable groups, which is still cool.

#7 Posted by Captain_Fookup (1519 posts) -

DJ Qbert, DJ Z-Trip, Skratch Bastid.

#8 Posted by Absurd (2934 posts) -
Renegade_v2 said:
"THIS KIND

"

I fucking lol'd especially in Vinny's video, "Okay...That's enough of that"
#9 Posted by eeegac (32 posts) -

Mos Def, anything with Dj Premier's beats, Ludacris, Heltah Skeltah, Murs, Oh No etc..

Lets just pray that they dont screw this game up.
#10 Posted by Endogene (4741 posts) -

I am sort of hoping that they make more techno escque versions of older songs.

#11 Edited by Vigorousjammer (2472 posts) -

hey guys check this out:

looks like they might be getting signed, we might see them on the game then, lol.

(for the record, I know it's a joke...)

#12 Edited by Robo_Zuul (43 posts) -
I personally liked to see some RJD2, a little DJ Shadow, and some J5 featuring Cut Chemist (or his solo work).

Word.
#13 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6986 posts) -
Renegade_v2 said:
"THIS KIND

"
LMAO.
#14 Posted by SmugDarkLoser (4619 posts) -

This game could be good IF they actually did DJ in a sense of electronica, not hip hop.

#15 Posted by Roddykat (237 posts) -

There HAS to be some DJ Premier & World's Famous Beat Junkies(like Babu's set here) in here. Hell, some Dj Jazzy Jeff. I can then overlook the cheap turntable controller.

#16 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -

Pitchshifter, Gravity Kills, and Sneaker Pimps.  Give me some stuff from when I was young!  = D

#17 Posted by RetroIce4 (4392 posts) -
Absurd said:
"Renegade_v2 said:
"THIS KIND

"

I fucking lol'd especially in Vinny's video, "Okay...That's enough of that""
Funniest vid ever.
#18 Posted by Liquid306 (40 posts) -

I can't believe no one has written this yet. Midnight Brown, that's the only band I want on this game.

#19 Posted by PartTimeNinja (344 posts) -

Daft Punk

#20 Posted by Bulldog19892 (1795 posts) -

DJ Shadow, definitely.

#21 Posted by tanline (163 posts) -

id love to see some house, trance and drum and bass music in this game.......damn would that be fun

#22 Posted by aurahack (2264 posts) -

she would be the ultimate win.

#23 Edited by Vigorousjammer (2472 posts) -
aurahack said:

"
That was pretty cool. has a very nice techno vibe to it.

oh, you know what else would be cool in this game? some of the songs from Jet Set Radio or JSRF
#24 Edited by TheLawnWrangler (1656 posts) -

Vigorousjammer said:
"aurahack said:

"
That was pretty cool. has a very nice techno vibe to it.

oh, you know what else would be cool in this game? some of the songs from Jet Set Radio or JSRF
"
^^ a-fuckin-men
I do want a few certain songs:
"Can I Kick it?" - A Tribe Called Quest
"Galaxie Express" - Cornelius
"Under the Influence" - Citizen King
"I Can't Wake Up" - KRS-One
"Technical Difficulties" - Dr. Octagon
"D-Code" - Dust Devil
"Faith" - Limp Bizkit (The band is mediocre, but I do kind of like this cover, plus there is some scratching near the end... please don't hurt me)
"Mad For It" - Shootyz Groove
"I Am Hated" - Slipknot (ONLY because it was great fun to Freestyle to on Amplitude)

question do the songs already need to have DJ/Scratching elements in it??
#25 Posted by Captain_Fookup (1519 posts) -

If this sells well, clearly they continue to pump out "new" games in the series ala SCRATCH: Ultimate DJ Beastie Boys Edition. Hell they'll even make one for asshats like DarkSmugLoser who don't have the slightest idea where the art of DJing originated from and if they do it's because they looked on WIkipedia.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.