Why is no one talking about SU?

#1 Posted by Blastroid (257 posts) -

So Scribblenauts Unmasked releases tomorrow and this is the first post? Last Scribblenauts had a quick look and interviews way before release. Is this not an anticipated game?

#2 Posted by TooWalrus (13218 posts) -

Is this not an anticipated game?

Apparently not. It's Scribblenauts, but now you can type in DC super heroes names. Great.

#3 Posted by dancingpolkabear (209 posts) -

Apparently not. It's Scribblenauts, but now you can type in DC super heroes names. Great.

Nailed it, this is one game I could not possibly be any more ambivalent about

#4 Posted by StarvingGamer (8283 posts) -

Because it's hard to get it up for a game that has already come out 100 times.

#5 Posted by BeachThunder (11989 posts) -

@blastroid said:

Is this not an anticipated game?

...which you could easily do anyway if you use Steam Workshop...

#6 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

Maybe you're just Scribblenauts Unmasked's greatest fan? Take solace in that, my friend.

#7 Edited by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

As mentioned above, it's the same game they released a dozen times over only now they legally have DC comic characters in it. Whoop de fucking do!

#8 Edited by OrfBC (44 posts) -

I don't get the appeal of these games. I can see a kid getting excited over figuring out how many different things they can type in to get the same result, but I think most grownups would just stick to "jetpack" over and over, or whatever works. "Superman" over and over in this one.

Edit: To be clear, ain't nothing wrong with being a kids game, but I feel like Scribblenauts wants you to think it's good for everyone, not just kids.

#9 Posted by PandaBear (1377 posts) -

As mentioned above, it's the same game they released a dozen times over only now they legally have DC comic characters in it. Whoop de fucking do!

This.

I need a new reason to care. I'll give it a whirl one day... but I've played Scribblenauts enough for a while.

#10 Posted by ThunderSlash (1750 posts) -

They haven't exactly been advertising it either.

#11 Edited by ShaggE (6472 posts) -

I've been putzing around with it... it's better than I expected, with more story-based puzzles and cutscenes, but it's still very Scribblenauts for whatever that may mean to you. To be fair, though, it does penalize repeated words and "easy way out" solutions, which is cool for those of us who can't help solving everything with Cthulu.

Also, I immediately tried Dogwelder and The Defenestrator... no dice. :( Really takes the wind out of your sails when you stump the game right off the bat.

#12 Edited by EXTomar (4765 posts) -

Because they failed to tell many of us about it. The first time I heard anything about this was yesterday when I saw an ad off a MMO gaming web page.

#13 Posted by RonGalaxy (3181 posts) -

Because it SUcks!

Nah, I dunno... It's another one of those games with some comicbook characters. Unless you're a diehard DC fan and want to play another scribblenauts, what is there to get excited about?

#14 Edited by DeF (4903 posts) -

Because it's hard to get it up for a game that has already come out 100 times.

Three times. And each time with pretty drastic changes (adjectives, object editor). But okay.

#15 Edited by Blastroid (257 posts) -

Well I purchased it via Steam and am having a great time. They have randomized the worlds other than the story events so there is something new to do each time you re-visit a place. The bat computer shows you all the characters so you do not need to be an comic geek to enjoy it. It is one of the few games in my collection that I can enjoy with my nephew. Now id they would just merge Scribblenauts with GTA 5 (Type: Trever -> Adjective -> Stable).

#16 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3445 posts) -

I'll get this game only if it has Ambush Bug, the greatest DC Universe Villian ever.

#17 Posted by Blastroid (257 posts) -
#18 Posted by billymagnum (833 posts) -

i always get excited about the concept of scribblenauts....then i play it.

#19 Edited by RazielCuts (2961 posts) -

I guess the Bat Computer/ DC wikipedia thing is kind of cool?...

#20 Edited by SMTDante89 (2582 posts) -

Unlimited was my first Scribblenauts and after playing it, while enjoyable, I don't think I need to play another Scribblenauts right away. I might pick this up though when it goes on sale or drops in price.

#21 Posted by Arabes (338 posts) -

Unlimited was my first scribblenauts games too and the idea was so much better than the execution. It's a shame cause it really has promise and my brain thinks it should be loads of fun.

#22 Posted by squiDc00kiE (352 posts) -

I haven't played a Scribblenauts since the original but I just bought a Wii U so maybe I'll check it out. I'm a huge DC comics fan so that helps.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.