Seaman: Day Eighteen

Posted by JohnTheGamer (341 posts) -

I’m visiting Poseidon a little earlier today (5pm) in the hopes he’ll be more receptive to asking me questions.

I adjust his environment to normal levels and hop over to the insect terrarium to grab a caterpillar. He eats it and then thanks me; and he talks back! He reminds me that it is the cold and flu season outside and to take some zinc at the first sign of the sniffles. He still doesn’t ask me any questions; I’m starting to think he’s done with that.

The blue caterpillar from yesterday has hatched from its cocoon and I think the reason it’s a different color is to distinguish between the sexes. I see that a moth has gotten stuck in the spider web and I see no sign of the spider so I decide to save it. I pick it up and quite randomly drop it in the inventory box; I never even thought to do this. I now know the moths are known as kimoths, the caterpillars simply larvae, the brown things that I never knew what they were I now know are seeds.

Don’t know what to do with Poseidon, he’s such a downer compared to Studmuffin. Maybe this period where he isn’t asking any questions is symbolic of our teenage years. As children we must know about everything but as teenagers we think we know it all, and we can be very grumpy at times.

#1 Posted by JohnTheGamer (341 posts) -

I’m visiting Poseidon a little earlier today (5pm) in the hopes he’ll be more receptive to asking me questions.

I adjust his environment to normal levels and hop over to the insect terrarium to grab a caterpillar. He eats it and then thanks me; and he talks back! He reminds me that it is the cold and flu season outside and to take some zinc at the first sign of the sniffles. He still doesn’t ask me any questions; I’m starting to think he’s done with that.

The blue caterpillar from yesterday has hatched from its cocoon and I think the reason it’s a different color is to distinguish between the sexes. I see that a moth has gotten stuck in the spider web and I see no sign of the spider so I decide to save it. I pick it up and quite randomly drop it in the inventory box; I never even thought to do this. I now know the moths are known as kimoths, the caterpillars simply larvae, the brown things that I never knew what they were I now know are seeds.

Don’t know what to do with Poseidon, he’s such a downer compared to Studmuffin. Maybe this period where he isn’t asking any questions is symbolic of our teenage years. As children we must know about everything but as teenagers we think we know it all, and we can be very grumpy at times.

#2 Posted by Driadon (2998 posts) -

We can only hope that Poseidon gets a bit more talkative and that he finishes the change from a gillman.

#3 Posted by Rallier (1739 posts) -

Does tickling not work either?

#4 Posted by Bigandtasty (3203 posts) -

All these suggestions of acting mean to him (in the Day 17 log) makes me wonder what would happen. But even if Poseidon is annoying I wouldn't want to. 

He's your "pet" so of course it's your call.

#5 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -

I can't help but think that Posiedon is a lot like a friend of mine. Dull.

#6 Edited by DanielJW (4915 posts) -

Perhaps Poseidon is on the drugs? Check behind the big rock.

#7 Posted by JohnTheGamer (341 posts) -

Yeah today's post will solve what was happening. I had to check on GameFAQS to make sure I was doing everything right and sure enough I forgot something important. Stay tuned!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.