Seaman: Day Four

Posted by JohnTheGamer (343 posts) -

Upon returning today Leonard Nimoy informs me that there are two gillmen left due to natural selection (the blood sucking.) He says it seems cruel but it’s just a normal process and to not be alarmed. He also tells me that a gillman wishes for a name.

As soon as the aquarium pops up I am greeted by the gillmen, although not in there childish voices today; it seems that they are growing faster and faster .They look slightly larger, have deeper voices and their speech is becoming more eloquent. While adjusting the oxygen, they claim “ah… sweet oxygen.”

I begin talking with one of the gillmen. He asks whether I’m a male or female and I reply male. He double checks and wishes he could meet a human of the opposite gender. He then asks my age, first guessing if I’m in my twenties, he’s correct I’m twenty on the dot. He tells me the twenties are the prime of my life; “the warranty hasn’t run out on the body and I’m still young enough to do the things I dreamt of as a child.”  He then goes on to ask me my birth month, birth date and so on offering unique quips and facts to go along with each.

One of the gillmen informs me about Jean Paul Gassé; he tells me that he tried raising them and that he had a cave like terrarium that he grew insects in for the seamen. I now have access to this terrarium and the remaining gillmen wish to eat some of these tasty insects. In the terrarium are insect eggs that once larvae, are to be fed to the gillmen. That puts to bed my fear of running out of food pellets.

They never asked me to name them today so maybe tomorrow.

#1 Posted by JohnTheGamer (343 posts) -

Upon returning today Leonard Nimoy informs me that there are two gillmen left due to natural selection (the blood sucking.) He says it seems cruel but it’s just a normal process and to not be alarmed. He also tells me that a gillman wishes for a name.

As soon as the aquarium pops up I am greeted by the gillmen, although not in there childish voices today; it seems that they are growing faster and faster .They look slightly larger, have deeper voices and their speech is becoming more eloquent. While adjusting the oxygen, they claim “ah… sweet oxygen.”

I begin talking with one of the gillmen. He asks whether I’m a male or female and I reply male. He double checks and wishes he could meet a human of the opposite gender. He then asks my age, first guessing if I’m in my twenties, he’s correct I’m twenty on the dot. He tells me the twenties are the prime of my life; “the warranty hasn’t run out on the body and I’m still young enough to do the things I dreamt of as a child.”  He then goes on to ask me my birth month, birth date and so on offering unique quips and facts to go along with each.

One of the gillmen informs me about Jean Paul Gassé; he tells me that he tried raising them and that he had a cave like terrarium that he grew insects in for the seamen. I now have access to this terrarium and the remaining gillmen wish to eat some of these tasty insects. In the terrarium are insect eggs that once larvae, are to be fed to the gillmen. That puts to bed my fear of running out of food pellets.

They never asked me to name them today so maybe tomorrow.

#2 Posted by Tridrakious (42 posts) -

This is pretty cool. It's as if this journal is being put together by an actual reseacher. lol. 

Great job so far. Keep it up.
#3 Posted by Bigandtasty (3204 posts) -

Great series.

#4 Posted by JohnTheGamer (343 posts) -
@Bigandtasty: Thanks, just hearing one person enjoy it actually gives me the initiative to continue this. I have a short attention span with some games and thought this would help to see the "end" of the game if I didn't stick around, plus thought it's be cool to do.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.