Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Seaman

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jul 29, 1999

Using the Dreamcast microphone, Seaman allows players to raise a witty fish-like creature with some guidance from Leonard Nimoy.

Seaman: Day Nine

JohnTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

Edited By JohnTheGamer

Since yesterday, a moth has laid an egg and both the gillmen are starving. Leonard Nimoy tells me to feed them quickly or they’ll die. Studmuffin hasn’t died yet.

I quickly adjust the temperature and the amount of oxygen in the gillmen’s aquarium and head over to the insect’s terrarium to check out the eggs. One has already hatched… and it’s a spider? That doesn’t make sense, but oh well. I actually zoom in on the other egg just in time to watch it hatch and this one is a caterpillar type insect. I drop the caterpillar in the aquarium and both gillmen get half and are full again.

Studmuffin thinks out loud, me and him together on a Friday night. (This is written a day previous to my posting it on GiantBomb.) He then asks about my father’s health, if he’s still working and his birthday. It would appear that they gillmen are more talkative after eating. I begin talking to the other one and he asks what day my father was born on and with more prodding, about my mother. I noticed a few days ago that the gillmen share the same set of questions, aka if you leave one and talk to another he will pick up the questions where the other left off.

I’ve been too wrapped up in talking to the gillmen that I didn’t notice that a plant was beginning to grow in the aquarium. Prior to this all that was in it was sand, three rocks, a radiator-like heater, a thermometer and a small cord in one corner.

Before leaving I check back in on the insect terrarium. There are already two more eggs; for the record I have two moths, one spider, two eggs and something that looks like a cocoon still inside.

JohnTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By JohnTheGamer

Since yesterday, a moth has laid an egg and both the gillmen are starving. Leonard Nimoy tells me to feed them quickly or they’ll die. Studmuffin hasn’t died yet.

I quickly adjust the temperature and the amount of oxygen in the gillmen’s aquarium and head over to the insect’s terrarium to check out the eggs. One has already hatched… and it’s a spider? That doesn’t make sense, but oh well. I actually zoom in on the other egg just in time to watch it hatch and this one is a caterpillar type insect. I drop the caterpillar in the aquarium and both gillmen get half and are full again.

Studmuffin thinks out loud, me and him together on a Friday night. (This is written a day previous to my posting it on GiantBomb.) He then asks about my father’s health, if he’s still working and his birthday. It would appear that they gillmen are more talkative after eating. I begin talking to the other one and he asks what day my father was born on and with more prodding, about my mother. I noticed a few days ago that the gillmen share the same set of questions, aka if you leave one and talk to another he will pick up the questions where the other left off.

I’ve been too wrapped up in talking to the gillmen that I didn’t notice that a plant was beginning to grow in the aquarium. Prior to this all that was in it was sand, three rocks, a radiator-like heater, a thermometer and a small cord in one corner.

Before leaving I check back in on the insect terrarium. There are already two more eggs; for the record I have two moths, one spider, two eggs and something that looks like a cocoon still inside.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By dbz1995

...Yes

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By DanielJW

This blog has got me incredibly interested in this crazy game. Hope you'll keep writing them! :)

kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By kraznor

This game sounds nothing like I thought it was. And now I have to seek out that old video of Jeff yelling at Seaman.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By FunExplosions

That moth needs to cut down on the partying.

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Bigandtasty

Hell yeah, Studmuffin survived cause he's a trooper!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By jakob187
    @Bigandtasty said:
    " Hell yeah, Studmuffin survived cause he's a trooper! "
    THIS!  I'm glad to hear that he made it through the night.  I knew that little bastard could hang on. 

Dood, that terrarium is rockin' now, but a spider?  Very odd.
    JohnTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JohnTheGamer
    @DanielJW: I'll keep at it until they die or however it ends. 
    @Kraznor: Now I'm interested in that. 
    @Bigandtasty: Indeed 
    @jakob187: Indeed
    kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By kraznor
    Here is the video I mentioned. Its from the Gamespot days, though the video doesn't seem to be working there anymore. Its really old and kind of jankily edited, but I like it.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By jakob187

Man, where's today's update?  This has me worried!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.