Seaman: Day Sixteen

Posted by JohnTheGamer (341 posts) -

These past two days have been very boring so I hope today Poseidon will at least ask some questions.

Poseidon is starving and I drop in a caterpillar like usual. I begin talking with him, he will respond to me but he isn’t asking any questions, also he is not angry so that’s an improvement from yesterday. Fearing he isn’t going to ask any questions, I begin moving the big rock and he comes to me with a riddle.

He asks that if a man yells for seven days straight and raises an octave every three hours what does he have? I know that Poseidon doesn’t want a number so I respond “a sore throat.” Nailed it! We move the rock a bit and I try talking to him now but he still isn’t asking any questions.

I wonder why this is. Maybe he just isn’t asking any since I’m returning every day? I think tomorrow instead of feeding him a caterpillar I will see if feeding him a moth or an egg will make a difference.

#1 Posted by JohnTheGamer (341 posts) -

These past two days have been very boring so I hope today Poseidon will at least ask some questions.

Poseidon is starving and I drop in a caterpillar like usual. I begin talking with him, he will respond to me but he isn’t asking any questions, also he is not angry so that’s an improvement from yesterday. Fearing he isn’t going to ask any questions, I begin moving the big rock and he comes to me with a riddle.

He asks that if a man yells for seven days straight and raises an octave every three hours what does he have? I know that Poseidon doesn’t want a number so I respond “a sore throat.” Nailed it! We move the rock a bit and I try talking to him now but he still isn’t asking any questions.

I wonder why this is. Maybe he just isn’t asking any since I’m returning every day? I think tomorrow instead of feeding him a caterpillar I will see if feeding him a moth or an egg will make a difference.

#2 Posted by HatKing (5891 posts) -

I have to say this is really fun to read.  I've never played the game but I always wanted to.

#3 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -

Continue this!

#4 Posted by Bigandtasty (3202 posts) -

Poseidon sure hasn't learned much from his husband.

#5 Posted by ZmillA (2269 posts) -

very interesting stuff

#6 Posted by Chaser324 (6429 posts) -

I always wanted to play this, but I think I had already moved on from the Dreamcast by the time it came out. I look forward to reading your other posts.

#7 Posted by regularassmilk (1398 posts) -

Neat.
Looking forward to the next post.

#8 Posted by jakob187 (21665 posts) -

Dood, you know what you should do?  Feed him a moth, which he probably won't eat in one sitting, and change up the time you visit him.  Maybe the punctuality is killing it for him.  He has no anticipation to see you.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.