Seaman: Day Thirty

Posted by JohnTheGamer (343 posts) -

Upon arriving Leonard Nimoy tells me that the tadmen have changed and now have more in common with a frog, so we shall call them “frogmen.” He also tells me that they are sensitive to dryness and I may use my new sprinkler to remedy this.

The first thing out of the frogmen is “feed me or my death is on you”; sounds like they might be hungry. I drop in a caterpillar and one of them gets it then I go get a second one for the other frogman. I then raise the temperature and turn on the sprinkler. After coaxing him a bit he begins delving into a topic.

He ruminates on being free and what it must be like to be able to go anywhere and says it feels oddly familiar. He then asks if I’m in good shape, I respond yes and he thinks that we get most of our definition about being “fit” from TV and magazines and thinks this is usually unrealistic but somewhat of a necessary evil. He wonders how I stay in shape and I say walking and running as I’m always on my feet at my job. He brings up the fact that we don’t need to run to catch our prey anymore and this reminds of the bit about our ancestors wearing glasses.

Continuing on whit the topic, he asks if I belong to a health club or gym and if I think I eat healthy. He talks about how weird it is that to get exercise nowadays we need to go to a special place and pay a fee whereas we used to just run a round in the field or get “beefed up” from doing manual labor. He also talks about sports and sometime today misunderstood what I was saying and thought I was naming him. So I gave one of them the name Eddie (as in Brutal Legend) and he then goes from being a speckled orange color to a greenish red color with black spots. One of the things that had an impact on me from today was a part about doctors and our health; it involved Eddie saying we’re the only species that can heal ourselves when we get sick, pretty cool thought.

#1 Posted by JohnTheGamer (343 posts) -

Upon arriving Leonard Nimoy tells me that the tadmen have changed and now have more in common with a frog, so we shall call them “frogmen.” He also tells me that they are sensitive to dryness and I may use my new sprinkler to remedy this.

The first thing out of the frogmen is “feed me or my death is on you”; sounds like they might be hungry. I drop in a caterpillar and one of them gets it then I go get a second one for the other frogman. I then raise the temperature and turn on the sprinkler. After coaxing him a bit he begins delving into a topic.

He ruminates on being free and what it must be like to be able to go anywhere and says it feels oddly familiar. He then asks if I’m in good shape, I respond yes and he thinks that we get most of our definition about being “fit” from TV and magazines and thinks this is usually unrealistic but somewhat of a necessary evil. He wonders how I stay in shape and I say walking and running as I’m always on my feet at my job. He brings up the fact that we don’t need to run to catch our prey anymore and this reminds of the bit about our ancestors wearing glasses.

Continuing on whit the topic, he asks if I belong to a health club or gym and if I think I eat healthy. He talks about how weird it is that to get exercise nowadays we need to go to a special place and pay a fee whereas we used to just run a round in the field or get “beefed up” from doing manual labor. He also talks about sports and sometime today misunderstood what I was saying and thought I was naming him. So I gave one of them the name Eddie (as in Brutal Legend) and he then goes from being a speckled orange color to a greenish red color with black spots. One of the things that had an impact on me from today was a part about doctors and our health; it involved Eddie saying we’re the only species that can heal ourselves when we get sick, pretty cool thought.

#2 Posted by Brunchies (2484 posts) -

Those are some smart virtual pets for a game released in 2000.

#3 Edited by Bigandtasty (3203 posts) -

Woo, thirty!

Here's to the road ahead.

#4 Posted by NukeSpoon (530 posts) -
@Brunchies said:
" Those are some smart virtual pets for a game released in 2000. "
This. I'm surprised I've never heard of this game before.
#5 Posted by NukeSpoon (530 posts) -
@Brunchies said:
" Those are some smart virtual pets for a game released in 2000. "
This. I'm surprised I've never heard of this game before.
#6 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -

I don't want to make you uncomfortable, but Seaman is God. 

Really, he/they are. 

If you try hard enough, Seaman will tell you the meaning of life.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.