Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Seaman

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jul 29, 1999

Using the Dreamcast microphone, Seaman allows players to raise a witty fish-like creature with some guidance from Leonard Nimoy.

Seaman: Day Thirty-Five

JohnTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

Edited By JohnTheGamer

When I start up, Leonard Nimoy tells me we’re nearing the mating season for the frogmen; this makes me wonder if, when the unnamed frogman declared he wanted to do it, he was just doing “it” for pleasure or to mate; this could be why Eddie didn’t perish. Once I’m actually in front of them I feed them and adjust their environment.

The unnamed frogman asks if I’m seeing anyone romantically yet and when I respond no, he asks if I believe there is someone out there for me. I say yes and he says that is so like me, being an Aries I always look on the bright side and don’t put too much though into anything. After this Eddie comes up and tells me he’s going to try and make the jump.

He does! He jumps onto the ring and his weight pulls it down; it was just a lever. While he’s pulling it down the back wall lifts up revealing a rain forest type environment, he remembers that this is Dr. Gassé’s island. Both he and the unnamed frogman make their way into it and Eddie turns around and we begin a final conversation. He tells me he must leave to continue his evolution and he’s grateful that I’ve taken care of him this whole time. He tells me to try and tap on the glass some time and he alludes to this being a way of calling him. Rather than wait, I try it right after he leaves. A nice hip-hop style beat comes on and both Eddie and the unnamed frogman appear as do the credits for the game; if I stop tapping on the glass, the credits stop and the next two or three minutes prove to be halfway tiring.

Well I guess that’s it, I’ll probably check back in tomorrow and see if anything changes, then after that I’ll probably spend some time going over my notes and doing a final recap.

JohnTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By JohnTheGamer

When I start up, Leonard Nimoy tells me we’re nearing the mating season for the frogmen; this makes me wonder if, when the unnamed frogman declared he wanted to do it, he was just doing “it” for pleasure or to mate; this could be why Eddie didn’t perish. Once I’m actually in front of them I feed them and adjust their environment.

The unnamed frogman asks if I’m seeing anyone romantically yet and when I respond no, he asks if I believe there is someone out there for me. I say yes and he says that is so like me, being an Aries I always look on the bright side and don’t put too much though into anything. After this Eddie comes up and tells me he’s going to try and make the jump.

He does! He jumps onto the ring and his weight pulls it down; it was just a lever. While he’s pulling it down the back wall lifts up revealing a rain forest type environment, he remembers that this is Dr. Gassé’s island. Both he and the unnamed frogman make their way into it and Eddie turns around and we begin a final conversation. He tells me he must leave to continue his evolution and he’s grateful that I’ve taken care of him this whole time. He tells me to try and tap on the glass some time and he alludes to this being a way of calling him. Rather than wait, I try it right after he leaves. A nice hip-hop style beat comes on and both Eddie and the unnamed frogman appear as do the credits for the game; if I stop tapping on the glass, the credits stop and the next two or three minutes prove to be halfway tiring.

Well I guess that’s it, I’ll probably check back in tomorrow and see if anything changes, then after that I’ll probably spend some time going over my notes and doing a final recap.

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Bigandtasty

Huh, so that's how it finishes. Feels a little disappointing, but then again maybe I just have high expectations for every game's ending.

Thanks for taking us through the game in 35 days.

Also, Eddie owns the unnamed frogman for getting it right the first time.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Claude

I've been busy, but I caught up with what was going on. Pretty damn fantastic if you ask me. Thanks for posting and I look forward to your recap.

JohnTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JohnTheGamer
    @Bigandtasty: Man whenever the back opened up though I was wigging out, it was really fantastic. I mean I've spent 35 days straight and I made it to the end, I was ecstatic, thinking about all the stuff the game "talked" abut with me, it's a pretty deep "game."
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By jakob187

WHAT?  IT'S OVER?!  Man, I feel so depressed now, but I'm happy that he was able to make the jump and get outside. 

Thanks for the blogs, man.  I definitely need to get ahold of this game so I can experience it myself.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By ajamafalous

Ending seems pretty disappointing, but I'm looking forward to your recap.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Skytylz

I'm bumping this because it seems relevant after the bombcast. This duder made threads for each day if you want to follow the progress of Seaman.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.