Seaman: Day Three

Posted by JohnTheGamer (341 posts) -

Leonard Nimoy greets me as usual as I begin my daily observations of my seamen.  

When I first arrive I am greeted by a gillmen telling me “it’s freezing in here”; time to adjust their environment. As I turn up the heater they say “oh good,” “hurrah” and “about time.” It’s clear they are becoming more adept with the English language. This is made clearer when I begin conversing with one. They recognize me and have feelings; when asked “how are you,” they respond with feelings, saying they’re bored.

Soon after entering, one gillmen begins sucking the blood of another; I watch and try to pull him off but am unable to. Almost immediately after this, another begins sucking blood; I’m now only left with two gillmen.

I drop in a food pellet and the two left scramble for it but one gets there first. I drop in a second food pellet, but neither is interested. It’s amazing that in only three days they have begun to converse with me. I don’t just mean by speaking; they could talk early on but it was simple words only, now they are telling me how they feel and saying one-liners.

After observing them for another ten minutes, I let them be for the night.

#1 Posted by JohnTheGamer (341 posts) -

Leonard Nimoy greets me as usual as I begin my daily observations of my seamen.  

When I first arrive I am greeted by a gillmen telling me “it’s freezing in here”; time to adjust their environment. As I turn up the heater they say “oh good,” “hurrah” and “about time.” It’s clear they are becoming more adept with the English language. This is made clearer when I begin conversing with one. They recognize me and have feelings; when asked “how are you,” they respond with feelings, saying they’re bored.

Soon after entering, one gillmen begins sucking the blood of another; I watch and try to pull him off but am unable to. Almost immediately after this, another begins sucking blood; I’m now only left with two gillmen.

I drop in a food pellet and the two left scramble for it but one gets there first. I drop in a second food pellet, but neither is interested. It’s amazing that in only three days they have begun to converse with me. I don’t just mean by speaking; they could talk early on but it was simple words only, now they are telling me how they feel and saying one-liners.

After observing them for another ten minutes, I let them be for the night.

#2 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -

This game sounds intense!

#3 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -

Dood, this blog series is necessary!!! 

They suck each other's blood?  Seriously, why did I never play this game?!

#4 Posted by JohnTheGamer (341 posts) -

My blog schedule is off as this is really yesterday's events, I'm doing it now and they're really adept with the language now and are asking me questions. It's really weird, I'm having conversations with AI.

#5 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -
@JohnTheGamer: Well, I trust any man with a Coheed avatar, so I'll be waiting in anticipation for the next blog!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.