Seaman: Day Twenty

Posted by JohnTheGamer (341 posts) -

Leonard Nimoy hits me with a bunch of info today. Once I get to Poseidon I adjust his environment. I used to turn the heat up to 15 for it to be comfortable but now it needs to be set at 20. Since there is little water I no longer have to adjust the amount of oxygen.

Poseidon is not hungry and I do little but watch him. Leonard Nimoy told me Poseidon would lay eggs today and that’s what I’m watching for. In the meantime he hits some sweet-ass ramps... err does some jumps.

Poseidon crawls onto the land and grunts as he struggles to crawl. He crawls around and turns back towards the water, once he is kind of close he begins to lay the eggs. After a while I wonder if I should help; he takes forever, not literally, it takes about three or four minutes all the while grunting as he pushes. He lays six eggs and then passes away. His final words were “I’d say my work here is done, later.”

I examine the eggs and they are translucent so I can see inside them. I see little eel-like creatures with human faces. I examine a little while longer and leave.

#1 Posted by JohnTheGamer (341 posts) -

Leonard Nimoy hits me with a bunch of info today. Once I get to Poseidon I adjust his environment. I used to turn the heat up to 15 for it to be comfortable but now it needs to be set at 20. Since there is little water I no longer have to adjust the amount of oxygen.

Poseidon is not hungry and I do little but watch him. Leonard Nimoy told me Poseidon would lay eggs today and that’s what I’m watching for. In the meantime he hits some sweet-ass ramps... err does some jumps.

Poseidon crawls onto the land and grunts as he struggles to crawl. He crawls around and turns back towards the water, once he is kind of close he begins to lay the eggs. After a while I wonder if I should help; he takes forever, not literally, it takes about three or four minutes all the while grunting as he pushes. He lays six eggs and then passes away. His final words were “I’d say my work here is done, later.”

I examine the eggs and they are translucent so I can see inside them. I see little eel-like creatures with human faces. I examine a little while longer and leave.

#2 Posted by Bigandtasty (3203 posts) -

So it's going full circle now? A new set of gillmen? 

I think I remember that now, but it's been so long that I forgot. (My cousins used to play it and just change the time on the Dreamcast so they could rush through, heh)

#3 Edited by CowMuffins (1760 posts) -

*sniff* Life at its finest moment.

#4 Posted by AjayRaz (12427 posts) -

heheh, these are awesome 

#5 Posted by jakob187 (21670 posts) -

Wait, so Poseidon acted like a stubborn asshole for the last five days or so, and then he's just gonna give birth and die?  WHAT A JERK-OFF!!!  I'm glad the son of a bitch is gone.  Hopefully, his offspring aren't a bunch of dickbags! 

Nonetheless, sorry for your loss. 

So these three new ones are going to be gillmen, or are they going to be able to walk on land from the start?  Is this a process of natural evolution? 

Dood, these blogs are fucking AWESOME!!!

#6 Posted by HatKing (5945 posts) -

I'm excited to see how these new children of Poseidon turn out.  These are amazing!  Keep it up. :)
#7 Posted by TooWalrus (13197 posts) -

Dude... OK, at first I wasn't sure what this blog was about, I haven't been reading. So I assumed it was just some dude posting this random shit he's making up (and I got some pretty weird pictures in my head) But I went and checked out the older blogs and it's all about a dreamcast game? Dude, that makes these blogs even more awesome.

#8 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -

"I'd say my work here is done, later." I think Jesus said that.

#9 Posted by jakob187 (21670 posts) -
@FunExplosions said:
" "I'd say my work here is done, later." I think Jesus said that. "
LOL  Yeah, that definitely seems like Poseidon's general attitude over the last few days.
#10 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

Amazing.

#11 Posted by DanielJW (4915 posts) -
@jakob187 said:
" @FunExplosions said:
LOL  Yeah, that definitely seems like Poseidon's general attitude over the last few days. "
Does this mean on Day Twenty-Three Poseidon is going to come back to life? 

Keep up these blogs, I want to know what happens next! :D
#12 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -
@DanielJW said:
" @jakob187 said:
" @FunExplosions said:
LOL  Yeah, that definitely seems like Poseidon's general attitude over the last few days. "
Does this mean on Day Twenty-Three Poseidon is going to come back to life?  Keep up these blogs, I want to know what happens next! :D "
Well if that's the case, I guess we won't be seeing these things walking on land anytime soon.
#13 Posted by Driadon (2998 posts) -

It's not done yet, though it's really screwed up that a Seaman goes through two different generations of eggs that make two totally different kinds of creatures to go through all stages of growth.
tl;dr: This game is fucked...I want it.

#14 Edited by JohnTheGamer (341 posts) -
@jakob187: I like how you trash talk Poseidon and then oh yeah sorry for your loss like an afterthought lol, Poseidon was a bag of douche though
@TooWalrus: Yeah I love the DC, it was before my time but I've come to love it
@FunExplosions: That made me crack up 

Thanks for all the comments

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.