Seaman swimming onto the DSi ?

#1 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

A rough translation of Seaman creator Yoot Saito's blog suggests a DS version of Seaman is on the way.

According to GoNintendo, the Dreamcast original will be ported over to the DS,  including new ways to play using the stylus. The blog entry seems to suggest the portable version, along with an iPhone edition being considered too.

#2 Edited by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Awww.. a DC port? That's pretty lame. An all new Seaman would be much preferred. Though, it would be cool if you could use the DSi's camera to put your own face on your fish.

#3 Posted by Endogene (4741 posts) -
TheGreatGuero said:
"Awww.. a DC port? That's pretty lame. An all new Seaman would be much preferred. Though, it would be cool if you could use the DSi's camera to put your own face on your fish."
If that happens i will buy a DSi right away.
#4 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3092 posts) -
TheGreatGuero said:
"Awww.. a DC port? That's pretty lame. An all new Seaman would be much preferred. Though, it would be cool if you could use the DSi's camera to put your own face on your fish."
Yes! I love Seaman on my face. Wait...
#5 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
TheGreatGuero said:

I thought that also. I guess you could stick anyone's face on.   It does say something along the lines of  "complete with new ways to play using the stylus" , so who knows.

#6 Posted by zitosilva (1840 posts) -

I was not interested in the DSi at all. If this turns out to be true, then I just changed my mind.

#7 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

You must really think highly of the game if you are willing to do that. I have always thought of the game as just a bit of fun. In fact I don't really see it as a game at all really but more like the kind of software that Nintendogs is..

Will Seaman be as popular as fluffy Nintendogs? I wonder.

#8 Posted by zitosilva (1840 posts) -
Linkyshinks said:
"You must really think highly of the game if you are willing to do that. I have always thought of the game as just a bit of fun. In fact I don't really see it as a game at all really but more like the kind of software that Nintendogs is..

Will Seaman be as popular as fluffy Nintendogs? I wonder.

"
Maybe you're right. I played the game only when it was first release, so I was a pre-teen back then. Maybe I just have good memories of it that wouldn't really hold nowadays were I to play the game. But it was a lot of fun back then.

But if it is really released, I doubt it'll make even 1/5 of the success Nintendogs made.
#9 Posted by Snail (8606 posts) -

What the fuck is a seaman?!

I'll just check the summary pag--- OH MY GOD!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.