Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Secret of Mana

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Aug 06, 1993

An action RPG for the Super Nintendo and the second game in the Seiken Densetsu series. Secret of Mana can be played by up to three players simultaneously, and is widely regarded as one of the system's finest games.

Image Stuff

Maleverus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Maleverus

Secret of Mana is my favorite game of all time, so, figured I'd take care of this page. I've updated the credits and concepts as best as I can, I'm waiting on approval on additional submissions to finish the credits and franchise. Also redid the related games. Added a whole bunch of images. All the rare arttwork, including nintendo power stuff and the manual. If anyone out there has the guide book, give us some scans! Also uploaded some sprites, but only bosses, as all the other sprites were below giant bombs arbitrary limit. Lot's of screenshots and main wiki page update to come when I get some more time....

Ysy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Ysy
    cwilliams said:
    "Also uploaded some sprites, but only bosses, as all the other sprites were below giant bombs arbitrary limit. Lot's of screenshots and main wiki page update to come when I get some more time...."
    One way to still contribute the smaller sprites are to paste all of the small sprites onto a single image file and upload it in that manner.  It'd be cool to have them all in one place.  Props on uploading that old Nintendo Power art; I love it and can't find it anywhere (I did the same with the Zelda Nintendo Power art).
    Maleverus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Maleverus
    Ysy said:
    One way to still contribute the smaller sprites are to paste all of the small sprites onto a single image file and upload it in that manner.  It'd be cool to have them all in one place.  Props on uploading that old Nintendo Power art; I love it and can't find it anywhere (I did the same with the Zelda Nintendo Power art).
    "
    Yeah, that's a good idea. If I have a chunk of free time I'll make some sprite sheets. I also want to have everything centralized in one place.
    Brad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Brad

Thanks for putting so much effort into this. I personally love Secret of Mana (a friend and I played hours upon hours of it 2p back in middle school) and it's good to see people haven't forgotten it.

That might be my favorite aspect of Giant Bomb: you can funnel your passionate nostalgia for a bygone game like Secret of Mana into a public resource that everyone can enjoy and remember the game by. The only thing that stopped me from going nuts on Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger before we launched was knowing how much fun someone else would have doing the same thing.

AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By AlexB
    To cwilliams: Just to let you know, Secret of Mana is my favorite game of all time. When i first learned Giant Bomb was online I immediately jetted over to the SOM page to see if I could make this page my baby. And at the time nothing was filled out. So my submissions were pending and i went back a day later to check on the page. To my surprise and a little disappointment you had beat me to the punch. The point is, is that if you hadn't of done such a good job on this and beat me to the punch i would be the person that had edited this page. I just wanted to let you know that. By the way you did do a fantastic job and I am glad that someone like you DID beat me to the punch apposed to someone else that wouldn't of done as good of a job as you did. It's cool to see you even got THE Brad to notice your submission. I am on the top contributed list if you didn't notice so believe me I did try to contribute i was just a little to late. Well good luck =).

PS: I am the person who submitted the Randi, Purim, and Popoie pages and they will soon be linked to the page. I know it seems like I'm being a credit whore, but i just wanted you to understand that I am trying to contribute as much as possible to this page.

Maleverus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Maleverus
    Brad said:
    "Thanks for putting so much effort into this. I personally love Secret of Mana (a friend and I played hours upon hours of it 2p back in middle school) and it's good to see people haven't forgotten it.
    "
    Thanks for the thanks :) I am putting a lot of work into fleshing out every single aspect of this page, only cause I love this game and like the idea of Giant Bomb. It's frustrating when people complain about it, and it's nice to hear kind words from a site founder. Thanks again.
    That might be my favorite aspect of Giant Bomb: you can funnel your passionate nostalgia for a bygone game like Secret of Mana into a public resource that everyone can enjoy and remember the game by. The only thing that stopped me from going nuts on Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger before we launched was knowing how much fun someone else would have doing the same thing.
    Never thought about how you guys would have to restrain yourselves :)
    Maleverus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Maleverus
    AlexB said:
    "To cwilliams: Just to let you know, Secret of Mana is my favorite game of all time. When i first learned Giant Bomb was online I immediately jetted over to the SOM page to see if I could make this page my baby. And at the time nothing was filled out. So my submissions were pending and i went back a day later to check on the page. To my surprise and a little disappointment you had beat me to the punch. The point is, is that if you hadn't of done such a good job on this and beat me to the punch i would be the person that had edited this page. 
    Yea, waiting on the pending submissions week number 1 was killer. Sorry my edits beat yours to the punch :) We can still all work together to make our favorite game's page the best it can be!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.