Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Section 8

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 01, 2009

Section 8 is a Sci-Fi first-person shooter that allows players to dynamically alter the flow of combat utilizing tactical assets and on-demand vehicle delivery. Your mission is to scout and secure difficult locations using the most advanced arsenal of military hardware known to man.

Section 8 Demo is live 360

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Jeffsekai
    breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By breadfan

I saw the demo on the Xbox Live Marketplace earlier, but I didn't download it.  I'll try it out next time I'm on live

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Ineedaname

Seen some pre-release footage at Gamespot, (Cue the idiot who goes oooh gamespot) it never looked so good, looked a little bland, but that's what you get from the Unreal Engine, I'll give this ago then and see how it is, looked like it had potential from the shorter clips I'd seen, but as I say the last one wasn't so promising.

Also Steam was offering it was a deal with Raven Squad which also doesn't look so good.

Novyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Novyx

It plays... blah. For one, why the hell is jump on the bumper? My favorite feature, actually, is the extended sprint. Everything else just feels clunky and a bit weak.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Novyx said:

" It plays... blah. For one, why the hell is jump on the bumper? My favorite feature, actually, is the extended sprint. Everything else just feels clunky and a bit weak. "

I disagree, if you have a problem with how the controls are set up then change it. Everything to me felt amazing from dropping in from 3000ft to using my jet pack to get the height advantage on an enemy and get a nice head shot. The guns look and sound great  and (imo) they seem very balanced for instance among other things, the heavy machine gun cannot pick people off from across the map. Also I love the mechs there awesome for that last push onto a control point but at the same time dotn 1 shot everyone and are hard to use effectively ( even against bots it was hard to stay alive in a mech for a long time under fire)   

I haven't spent enough time with it but the Class editor seems really cool as well, being able to pick weather you want all shields all the time or a more balanced fighter seems great. I do agree with you that the extended sprint is really awesome, I also like the delay it has for you to exit sprint ( alla BF:BC) so people with shotguns cant just sprint up to people.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jeffsekai

bump!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By jakob187

Haven't gotten the chance to check it out.  All my game playing is on hold until Monday, as I've gotta work on my computer at the house today and tomorrow.  =  /  I'll check it out, but I'm not expecting much from it, as it looks like a generic Halo 3.  However, most people know that I'm willing to give a game an honest shot.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#8  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Is Section 8 the prequel to District 9?  (yes, you can roll your eyes now)
    Looks mediocre and generic. 'nuff said.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Jayge_

Game is an absolute piece of shit on PC, and an absolute piece of shit on consoles. Largest waste of time I've encountered in months, besides reading funny Craigslist classifieds.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pibo47

Yeah.....after playing the demo...i will not even rent the game. I freakin hate it. It pretty much sucks in everyway IMO.

Crypto136

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Crypto136
    @Jeffsekai said:
    "@Novyx said:

" It plays... blah. For one, why the hell is jump on the bumper? My favorite feature, actually, is the extended sprint. Everything else just feels clunky and a bit weak. "

I disagree, if you have a problem with how the controls are set up then change it. Everything to me felt amazing from dropping in from 3000ft to using my jet pack to get the height advantage on an enemy and get a nice head shot. The guns look and sound great  and (imo) they seem very balanced for instance among other things, the heavy machine gun cannot pick people off from across the map. Also I love the mechs there awesome for that last push onto a control point but at the same time dotn 1 shot everyone and are hard to use effectively ( even against bots it was hard to stay alive in a mech for a long time under fire)    I haven't spent enough time with it but the Class editor seems really cool as well, being able to pick weather you want all shields all the time or a more balanced fighter seems great. I do agree with you that the extended sprint is really awesome, I also like the delay it has for you to exit sprint ( alla BF:BC) so people with shotguns cant just sprint up to people. "

I agree with u completely..its got a nice blend of different fps games but has original things to it at the same time..i like it haha
    Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Hitchenson
    @Pibo47 said:
    " Yeah.....after playing the demo...i will not even rent the game. I freakin hate it. It pretty much sucks in everyway IMO. "
    I hate just quoting what people have said, but I completely agree with you. I thought the game was horrible.
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#13  Edited By citizenkane

I'll make sure to download it when I get home this evening.  :)

BAMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BAMoney

It is alright. Seems a bit off to me though.

MisterMollusk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By MisterMollusk

I read Tom Chick's big interview with one of the devs on fidgit. It seems like a real interesting game. Definitely not for those used to more generic shooters though (halo, cs, cod, etc).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.