New Platform: Sega Pico

#1 Posted by Jeff (3577 posts) -
Staff
#2 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

I looked it up. But I'm still stumped. That's some old shit, never heard of it.
#3 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -
#4 Posted by ztiworoh (731 posts) -

Totally had a neighbor buy one for their kid back in the day and pay me $20 to figure out how to set it up. I remember it having some weird Disney educational games.

#5 Posted by VoodooTerror (607 posts) -

who demanded this?

#6 Posted by Dalai (7030 posts) -

Silly Jeff, the Pico is not new.

#7 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

For everyone asking 'Who demanded this!?" then I suggest you visit this topic and you'll understand now why this platform was added.

Great stuff from the staff, tempted to put a task on this page.....

#8 Edited by ZmillA (2271 posts) -

GiantBomb's frothing demand increases.

#9 Posted by ArclightBorealis (1563 posts) -
@ZmillA said:
"GiantBomb's frothing demand increases. "
Indeed it does
#10 Posted by VoodooTerror (607 posts) -

im not complaining, id just never heard of it, but i have just got one off ebay :D

#11 Posted by Mmmslash (2168 posts) -

This is some pretty obscure shit, Giantbomb. 

Do we also have Leapstars and Wonderswans on here?

#12 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

I'm going to see if Game.com is on here. No it's not a site. Its an actual handheld gaming system from Tiger.

#13 Edited by Claude (16254 posts) -

I bet the staff are bigger fans of Giant Bomb than fans of Giant  Bomb. It's not  so much nerdgasm as it is videogameasm.

#14 Posted by AndrewB (7617 posts) -

Because 4 people demanded it? Where's my Sega Zone page?

#15 Posted by Th3_James (2578 posts) -

God damn, I love Giant Bomb

#16 Posted by DanielJW (4915 posts) -

Call me stupid, but I came here thinking that Sega had announced they were making a next-gen console. Ah well, that's what I get for not knowing the "Pico" existed. 

#17 Posted by Brunchies (2484 posts) -

I have no idea what that is, the wiki is adding some more obscure educational platforms.

#18 Posted by Dalai (7030 posts) -

How about we add pico de gallo as a platform? It's more of a video game platform than the Sega Pico ever was.

#19 Edited by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -
@DanielJW:   Stupid.

EDIT: Sorry, that sounded more mean than funny. Apologies.
#20 Posted by regularassmilk (1417 posts) -

Holy fucking shit, I had one of those when I was little.  Those are obscure? really?

#21 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

I has one of these when I was a kid....I loved it.

#22 Posted by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

Yes, I remember playing this as a kid, it was one of my first consoles.  Great times that thing.

#23 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -
@Claude said:
" I looked it up. But I'm still stumped. That's some old shit, never heard of it. "
Really? They were in all the toy stores during the 90s. Its not obscure at all.
#24 Posted by GunstarRed (5186 posts) -

I remember being in a tiny games shop  when I was younger looking at a Pico and being completely stumped about what it was. It was next to an Amiga CD 32  with  a video of soul blade playing above it... 

i ended up calling my character in secret of mana pico because I thought it was an awesome name.
#25 Posted by destruktive (1069 posts) -

about damn time!
I want a pico :|

#26 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -
@destruktive: I don't recommend it unless you have kids, or just like collecting game stuff like me. It doesn't really have anything beyond novelty to offer gamers. Its also a bitch to store.
#27 Posted by pikeplacer (388 posts) -

Hey Jeff, I just discovered this uniqe computer from Coleco called the Coleco Adam

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.