Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sega Vintage Collection: ToeJam & Earl

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Nov 06, 2012

A downloadable compilation that brings the first two ToeJam & Earl games to Xbox Live Arcade.

Random world and elevators

nate6858

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By nate6858

Is it possible for the game to generate a level with an elevator that you have no way to get to? That's what seems to have happened in my current game. Not that I mind starting over - just wondering if this is a freak occurrence or something that happens on the regular.

thegoldencat7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By thegoldencat7

Well yeah, there'll be times when the elevator will be on a tiny island in the corner of the map or something. There are usually ways round this. Don't forget to walk round the edges of the map to generate new paths if there are any. Otherwise you would have to use icarus wings or get lucky with a door. It rewards thorough exploration and good resource management.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Sinusoidal

It happened to me and my sister quite a few times in the umpteen times we beat the original version. To my knowledge, there are only two solutions: icarus wings or go back down to level zero, drop off and hope you land next to the elevator. Sometimes the island where the elevator is can be reached by jumping with hi tops too. Also make sure there isn't a bridge that you just haven't spawned by walking along the nearest coastlines.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By laserbolts

Nope it can't happen. If it appears to be on an island just walk around the edges until a pathway appears in front of you. If you can't find one keep trying and you will. Walk over every part of the edge.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.