Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sega

Company »

Sega is a long-running Japanese company responsible for arcade hits like Space Harrier, home consoles like the Dreamcast, and franchises such as Sonic the Hedgehog.

Can anybody else edit this page?

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

So the system changeover a few months back really screwed up the database editing software, and I applaud our Top Men for ironing out so many of the bugs since then. But I've noticed that even right now, this specific page for the Sega corporation can't be edited, not by me at least. It doesn't matter what the change is, it just brings up the "Saving..." window for much, much longer than it takes on any other page, and then displays the red "Whoops, looks like we ran into an error" message.

So am I the only one who is incapable of editing the Sega page? Are there other pages which stubbornly refuse to accept any edits whatsoever? Why this page and not others? Colour me confused, duders.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

I'm getting it, too, and I think I know why: there's so much data to keep track of that it takes forever to do anything with it, no matter how minor. Anybody wanna try this on the Nintendo or Konami or Capcom pages, as Sega has put me in an old school mood?

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Ravenlight

Does it happen on other dense pages, too? Like the Team Fortress 2 page?

EDIT: @rorie: It's not specific to the SEGA page, this happens with the TF2 page as well.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Hmm, this is interesting. We recently ran into the same problem with the Spider-Man page on Comic Vine, but that page is many, many times longer than the Sega page is. (Over 25k words.) I'll make sure engineers are aware of this.

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Thanks Rorie! I think it also happens with the Human concept page.

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, yeah, thread necromancy, but editing this page still totally doesn't work. Any progress? :P

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

@deusoma said:

So, yeah, thread necromancy, but editing this page still totally doesn't work. Any progress? :P

There's no easy fix for this situation just like the issue with releases. The architecture is "deep" so to speak and is more difficult to rectify than anticipated.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.