Sega Create New Arcade Machines With Giant Joyticks

#1 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

Sega have showed off this new Tetris arcade cabinet at this weeks Jamma Amusment Machine Show in Japan 

Tetris Dekaris:

Sega says that players will have to use their full body to move the blocks around the screen, something that can only be experienced in an arcade.

The name "Dekaris" merges Tetris and "Dekai," which is the Japanese word for "giant." Sega appears to be planning a series of titles with giant controllers, as the cabinet has phrases like "Dekacon," short for "Giant Controller," and "Deka Controller Series," or "Giant Controller Series."

What games would you like to see next, that utilize giant Joysticks?

#2 Posted by Kou_Leifoh (1891 posts) -

Will I'll say that with joysticks that big will drive the ladies nuts. =)

And me too. . .

#3 Posted by buzz_clik (6989 posts) -
#4 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

Lol, good one SEGA.

#5 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

Chu Chu Rocket could work.

#6 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -

This seems pretty stupid and gimmicky.  

...having said that, I would still totally try it if I saw one.

#7 Posted by FCKSNAP (2299 posts) -

House of the Dead with a giant Light Gun! Realistic zombie fists punch you in the face from the back of the gun if you miss! It only accepts tokens the size of rats!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.