SEGA's back in the console market!!! ZONE SEGA!!!!

#1 Edited by Rallier (1739 posts) -

Ok well not really. Sega just made a deal with Zone 40 a manufacturer of stand alone home consoles (as the original Zone 40 console) to make a stand alone console with about 20 classic Sega games on it. It is planned for the UK and should cost if i'm converting correctly around 40-50 Pounds.   

And here comes the knock-off part of it all. It will also have some minigames in it that uses motion controls (ha sounds familiar doesn't it) and it looks like this:

YES! MR Balls!!!

Hmmm...

#2 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

I am speechless as to how anyone at Sega can think this is even remotely a good idea. This will be a monumental financial failure. What the hell is wong with SEGA?

#3 Posted by Ashwyn (202 posts) -

Why the hell don't Sega atleast attempt to make a Dreamcast 2 (but call it something better)....
I am dissapointed.

#4 Posted by Cerza (1653 posts) -

AAAAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!! DON'T DO THAT!!! You got me all excited with that title and I came in here and am now disappointed beyond belief. This will be a bigger failure than the Sega Neptune.

#5 Posted by Godwind (2597 posts) -
@Ashwyn said:
" Why the hell don't Sega atleast attempt to make a Dreamcast 2 (but call it something better).... I am dissapointed. "
You beat me to it.
#6 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -

It looks like shit, and the fact that it looks like a Wii only makes Sega continue to look like fucking idiots. 
But I don't think the actual machine is built by them. I think they've only licensed the games. 

Either way, they should have made a device that looks more like a miniature Genesis or Master System with all the built in games, AND ability to hook up your controllers/games. 
But Sega doesn't have the collective brain power to think like this.

#7 Posted by Snail (8580 posts) -

They just keep re-releasing classics in as many forms the industry allows. 

Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

#8 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

i've always wondered what it would look like if all current gen consoles were combined

#9 Posted by JJOR64 (18910 posts) -

If it's just a bunch of Genesis games, I'm going to pass and just get them on emulator.

#10 Posted by eroticfishcake (7782 posts) -

What niche is that supposed to fill? Back away from the console market SEGA, back away!

#11 Posted by CaptainObvious (2993 posts) -

More old sega games..bleh

#12 Posted by TheGremp (2064 posts) -

Eeeeeeew.

#13 Posted by crapdragoon (42 posts) -

I saw these at a Rite-Aid last week, there 24 dollars.

#14 Posted by august (3827 posts) -
@Godwind said:
" @Ashwyn said:
" Why the hell don't Sega atleast attempt to make a Dreamcast 2 (but call it something better).... I am dissapointed. "
You beat me to it. "
they don't have any money
#15 Posted by TheHBK (5463 posts) -

Where the hell is the Dreamcast 2?

#16 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

I don't even know how the SEGA name still has cache.

#17 Posted by august (3827 posts) -

If Sega somehow found the money to make a new console it would be one of the most stupendous financial blunders of all time and last a matter of months.

#18 Posted by ryoma122 (699 posts) -

so lets see if i got this rite it looks like a rip off of the wii but the controler is jst messed up 
man i wander wat kind of drugs they were on when they decided this was a good idea lol 
but you need to ask why do they keep wasting money and not just finish the shenmue saga

#19 Posted by JonathanMoore (1858 posts) -

I knew as soon as this was announced it would be released in the UK. It's the only place where they have enough of a following to do this. We did love are Sega's back in the day.

#20 Posted by Jimbo (9774 posts) -

That is the worst depiction of Sonic I have ever seen.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.